Bush hog FEL

/ Bush hog FEL #1  

Anonymous Poster

My FEL recently started doing strange things. When I curl the bucket as to dump, it loses lift height. It was installed new before I bought my used Iseki TS1610 about 3 months ago. It has a two lever valve and I suspect my problem is in it. Should I contact Bush Hog, attempt to repair it, or just locate a new single handle valve?Any suggestions?
Thanks
David

/ Bush hog FEL #2  
Trying out the pic

Attachments

• 48-156209-tractor.jpeg
    48-156209-tractor.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 261
   / Bush hog FEL #3  
Call your dealer and ask them for help. I too have a Bush Hog loader but have not encountered this problem. You say it has two valves?

/ Bush hog FEL #4  
I recently had a similar problem with my new Bush Hog FEL. When I had the bucket raised a ways and wanted to ease it up a little more, it would drop instead of raising /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif. Applying a little more joystick caused it to raise, but then I would overshoot my mark. The dealer was stumped for quite awhile and the Bush Hog field rep wasn't any help. Then they talked to "an ol' boy who had a lot of experience with hydraulics." After some thought, he said he was sure the problem was in one of the o-ring seals on the shaft of one of the hydraulic lift cylinders -- probably damaged during assembly. When the dealer dismantled the cylinder, sure enough, a section of the seal was missing, Applying just a small amount of joystick allowed fluid to seep by the seal, but increasing the flow caused the cylinder to function almost normally. Before the repair, however, I also noticed that the FEL would not apply enough down pressure to lift the front of the Ford 1700 tractor -- another indication of lack of hydraulic pressure.

You probably have a similar situation -- when you curl the bucket, the cylinder(s) that raise and lower the bucket lose pressure and retract. Good luck figuring out just exactly which one it is /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

/ Bush hog FEL #5  
I did some more playing today and discovered that by lightly holding up on the "lift" stick while operating the "curl" stick, it behaved normally. I wonder if there is an adjustment for the "at rest" position of the joysticks. My control is a two handle valve which is only marked with the name "Dynoil"

Thanks for the ideas

/ Bush hog FEL #6  
Come to think of it, my cyllinders used to "weep" a little bit. They only did it when it was really cold, but they stopped as abruptly as they started. Never lost enough hydraulic fluid to notice though. I think you should talk to your dealer where it is still relatively new.

/ Bush hog FEL #7  
<font color=blue>My control is a two handle valve which is only marked with the name "Dynoil"<font color=black>

Interesting - the factory supplied joystick with my Bush Hog FEL is a single joystick.