Default Bush hog FEL

My FEL recently started doing strange things. When I curl the bucket as to dump, it loses lift height. It was installed new before I bought my used Iseki TS1610 about 3 months ago. It has a two lever valve and I suspect my problem is in it. Should I contact Bush Hog, attempt to repair it, or just locate a new single handle valve?Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    David

Tractor
    iseki ts1610

Default Re: Bush hog FEL

Trying out the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Mahindra 2535, Kubota L2501, Farmall Cub, Farmall 200, Farmall SuperC, JD x530, JDx320, JD GT235, JDLX176, JD Gator

Call your dealer and ask them for help. I too have a Bush Hog loader but have not encountered this problem. You say it has two valves?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33DA HST

I recently had a similar problem with my new Bush Hog FEL. When I had the bucket raised a ways and wanted to ease it up a little more, it would drop instead of raising [img]/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif[/img]. Applying a little more joystick caused it to raise, but then I would overshoot my mark. The dealer was stumped for quite awhile and the Bush Hog field rep wasn't any help. Then they talked to "an ol' boy who had a lot of experience with hydraulics." After some thought, he said he was sure the problem was in one of the o-ring seals on the shaft of one of the hydraulic lift cylinders -- probably damaged during assembly. When the dealer dismantled the cylinder, sure enough, a section of the seal was missing, Applying just a small amount of joystick allowed fluid to seep by the seal, but increasing the flow caused the cylinder to function almost normally. Before the repair, however, I also noticed that the FEL would not apply enough down pressure to lift the front of the Ford 1700 tractor -- another indication of lack of hydraulic pressure.

You probably have a similar situation -- when you curl the bucket, the cylinder(s) that raise and lower the bucket lose pressure and retract. Good luck figuring out just exactly which one it is [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img].

Tractor
    iseki ts1610

I did some more playing today and discovered that by lightly holding up on the "lift" stick while operating the "curl" stick, it behaved normally. I wonder if there is an adjustment for the "at rest" position of the joysticks. My control is a two handle valve which is only marked with the name "Dynoil"

Thanks for the ideas

Tractor
    Mahindra 2535, Kubota L2501, Farmall Cub, Farmall 200, Farmall SuperC, JD x530, JDx320, JD GT235, JDLX176, JD Gator

Come to think of it, my cyllinders used to "weep" a little bit. They only did it when it was really cold, but they stopped as abruptly as they started. Never lost enough hydraulic fluid to notice though. I think you should talk to your dealer where it is still relatively new.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33DA HST

<font color=blue>My control is a two handle valve which is only marked with the name "Dynoil"<font color=black>

Interesting - the factory supplied joystick with my Bush Hog FEL is a single joystick.