directions on how to adjust valve clearance

/ directions on how to adjust valve clearance #1  

BudinTenn

I have a newly aquired 2005 JD 5203 tractor with 155 hrs. After bush hogging for about an hour the engine seems to be noisier than before I started. Where can I find instructions on how to check and adjust the valve clearance/overhead? (available on the internet?) I have the operator manual but it does not go into this.
Also, what is good to use for cleaning the outside of the engine. Gunk used to be okay. Haven't used any for quite a while though.
Thanks,

/ directions on how to adjust valve clearance #2  
My boss man has a 5203 LOUD is the word I would use. You have to wear hearing protection to run it at pto rpm for very long. Not sure on the valve clearance thing others will answer that question.

/ directions on how to adjust valve clearance #3  
First you need to find the specs, and whether to adjust it cold or hot. Remove valve cover. Have wrenches available. open and closed end. Maybe a screwdriver. feeler gages. Turn engine by hand until maximum tappet clearance, then using a feeler gage adjust to just snug drag. several valves should be at maximum clearance at one turn of the engine, when done turn engine to get the rest of the valves. Maybe a dealer can tell you the clearance and whether cold or hot adjustment.

/ directions on how to adjust valve clearance #4  
Do a look see/search here on the chinese section,alotta good info and links there,it would be same procedure,you would just need to know valve lash gap for your tractor[intake and exhaust].

/ directions on how to adjust valve clearance #5  
Top dead center for the valves you are adjusting. Remove glow plugs for easier turning by hand (if glow plugs are used)

Gunk is still good to use for eng degresser.

/ directions on how to adjust valve clearance
Thanks fall for the information.

/ directions on how to adjust valve clearance #7  
my Farmtrac 60 (50 hp 3 cylinder 192ci Ford) really got noiser at about 1200 hrs. I popped the valve cover off and found only one exhaust valve .002 under. No help with noise after adjusting back to spec. The dang thing is noisey enough to kill brain cells plus a lot more viberation in the tractor. Guess its going to my dealer this week for a diagnosis.