Kubota front axle heating up

/ Kubota front axle heating up #1  

Doxy

I own a Kubota BX2350. When I bought it 1 year ago, I had problems with the middle cylinder on the front loader becoming very hot and the hydrolics "whinning" when the bucket was dumped. My dealer found a crimped hydrolics line and the noise and heat reduced greatly when it was fixed.

I noticed this past weekend that my front axle was very hot after I ran it for about 1 hour. I did this completly by accident. I was able to put my hand on it but could not hold it there very long. My question is this, is it normal for the front axle to get that hot? I did have it in 4 wheel drive pullling a disk and then using the front loader to move dirt. I am concerned that the front axle and middle cylinder are still too hot. My dealer tells me not to worry about it.

/ Kubota front axle heating up #2  
You have check the oil in the front axle no doubt. Were you running on hard surface with the FEL and it in 4 wheel drive? If so that could be your problem.

/ Kubota front axle heating up #3  
check the oil level and tell us what you find.

amp

/ Kubota front axle heating up
The front axle oil level is fine and the oil appears to be clear. I was pulling a double row disc plow and then using my box blade to drag the dirt into piles. Of course, I was using 4 wheel drive the entire time I did this. I have not noticed the front axle heating up like that before but I have never felt the front axle after operating the tractor.

/ Kubota front axle heating up #5  
I have a BX2230 and the front axle does get warm during use (with or without 4wd engaged) but is nothing to worry about. Just make sure the fluid is maintained to the proper level and it will be fine.