1000 ford cracked piston and needs rebuild

/ 1000 ford cracked piston and needs rebuild #1  

daltonjohnson

okay, so i may only be 19 but my dad is computer illiterate so i get to play on the web to find parts for the tractor he blew up. so far the only information i have is that it is a 1000 ford, 2 cylinder diesel, japan made, LE892-15346 is the block number. i need a piston, rings for both pistons, rod bearings and gaskets for the head, valve cover, and oil pan, as well as the oil level indicator because the one that was in it went sailing out across the yard into the woods. no clue how.

any information or weblinks would be great. i need info on where to get what and approximate prices.

/ 1000 ford cracked piston and needs rebuild #2  
   / 1000 ford cracked piston and needs rebuild #3  
okay, so i may only be 19 but my dad is computer illiterate so i get to play on the web to find parts for the tractor he blew up. so far the only information i have is that it is a 1000 ford, 2 cylinder diesel, japan made, LE892-15346 is the block number. i need a piston, rings for both pistons, rod bearings and gaskets for the head, valve cover, and oil pan, as well as the oil level indicator because the one that was in it went sailing out across the yard into the woods. no clue how.

any information or weblinks would be great. i need info on where to get what and approximate prices.

Sounds like someone is using either to start engine

/ 1000 ford cracked piston and needs rebuild
no ether. don't use it. that is the easiest way to blow one up. turns out the dipstick is still in the block. dad was pulling my leg.

thanks for the insight, but they don't have anything i need. anywhere else to look?

/ 1000 ford cracked piston and needs rebuild #6  
CNH would be a great place to at least get baseline prices from.

soundguy

I didn't check all the parts, but at least the pistons and rings are available new from Messicks

New Holland Parts Just stick 1000 in the search box and select the correct model tractor.

Not the cheapest pistons on the planet, but probably the same as other New Holland dealers.

Andy

/ 1000 ford cracked piston and needs rebuild #7  
thanks for the insight, but they don't have anything i need. anywhere else to look?

'they' who.. i mentioned 2 places.

you can use the
feature to help indicate what part of a message you are replying to. creates less confusion.

soundguy

well turns out messiks did have the piston, and i went through a local dealer to get the parts. now all i need is to find what the bolts need to be torqued to....

i found a place that has a manual for a 1000/1600 ford. i out that there are actually 2 1000 fords. there is a 12 hp and a 23 horsepower. i have a 23 horse tractor. is the manual that i found the right one for this tractor?

/ 1000 ford cracked piston and needs rebuild #10  
can ya post a link to the manual maybee.. or contact the seller.. right now we don't have much to go on..

soundguy