Used 10 Ton Floor Jack Price: Any Guesses?

/ Used 10 Ton Floor Jack Price: Any Guesses? #1  

Iplayfarmer

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1215, Case 801B
I have a 10 ton floor jack that is just way to big for anything I do. I have offered it for trade on a local listing service, but I have no idea what it's worth. E-bay is no help since few jacks this big ever go up for sale on E-bay.

It is very old and very used, but it still works pretty well. Anyone have any guesses on the value of something like this?

/ Used 10 Ton Floor Jack Price: Any Guesses? #2  
I generally set a limit on 50% of new price when buying used. In this case I'd be looking to pay $500 or less depending on age, condition, etc. Age being a bargaining point only as many old tools in good condition are better than new tools. If buying without a seller starting price I'd start at about $50 & work my price up as necessary. When selling it's easier to come down than go up after you offer at a low price &someone says "I'll take it". MikeD74T

/ Used 10 Ton Floor Jack Price: Any Guesses?
I generally set a limit on 50% of new price when buying used. In this case I'd be looking to pay $500 or less depending on age, condition, etc. Age being a bargaining point only as many old tools in good condition are better than new tools. If buying without a seller starting price I'd start at about $50 & work my price up as necessary. When selling it's easier to come down than go up after you offer at a low price &someone says "I'll take it". MikeD74T

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to look up some new prices on these to help me dicker.

/ Used 10 Ton Floor Jack Price: Any Guesses? #4  
The last 10 ton floor jack I sold which sounds similar went for $100

Andy

/ Used 10 Ton Floor Jack Price: Any Guesses? #5  
not trying to hijack the thread (or change the subject)...but am building a front bucket grapple from the frame/parts of an old (Craftsman)floor jack...the parts are incredibly close to what's required...including many of the hinge brackets that already have 3/4 holes that can be use to my advantage...everything is 1/4 plate steel...(I will post some pics as the project progresses)

Other than the steel that separates the actual grapple arms...the only thing I will have to buy are the hydraulics...

BTW, the cylinder on the jack I sacrificed had an internal leak and would not hold pressure...

not trying to hijack the thread (or change the subject)...but am building a front bucket grapple from the frame/parts of an old (Craftsman)floor jack...the parts are incredibly close to what's required...including many of the hinge brackets that already have 3/4 holes that can be use to my advantage...everything is 1/4 plate steel...(I will post some pics as the project progresses)

Other than the steel that separates the actual grapple arms...the only thing I will have to buy are the hydraulics...

BTW, the cylinder on the jack I sacrificed had an internal leak and would not hold pressure...

Do post some pictures or drawings. I'd like to see what you're talking about. Maybe I'll just keep it.

/ Used 10 Ton Floor Jack Price: Any Guesses? #7  
this project not being an imediate priority it is still at the design stage...actually I am hoping to be able to make a grapple that can be configured to operate either vertically or horizontally...i.e., typically against the FEL bucket and also (after a configuration adjustment) be able to use it to grab vertical things like fence posts or small trees etc...

at any rate...here is a pic of the parts I have started to cut...I plan to cut teeth into the actual grapple arms:
attachment.php

I welcome any comments or suggestions...

Attachments

• grapple_parts1a.jpg
    grapple_parts1a.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 3,391
   / Used 10 Ton Floor Jack Price: Any Guesses? #8  
How old, what condition and what make is the floor jack? That will have a lot to do with how much you get for it.

How old, what condition and what make is the floor jack? That will have a lot to do with how much you get for it.

I haven't seen any markings on it to tell a make, model, or age. I going with "they don't make 'em like they used to" old. It's dirty, but everything works. It may need a little fluid.

I've had a few trade offers on it, and I've just figured new price vs. new price on the trades. I figure that's about as fair as anything. If the other guys' stuff is in better or worse condition than the jack we can haggle about that.

I've attached the pictures that I put in the ad. Maybe someone will recognize it and tell me it's worth scrap price but nothing more.

Attachments

• HPIM3049.JPG
    HPIM3049.JPG
    411.8 KB · Views: 1,250
  • HPIM3050.JPG
    HPIM3050.JPG
    367.9 KB · Views: 622
   / Used 10 Ton Floor Jack Price: Any Guesses? #10  
Iplayfarmer, You could double it's value with a good cleaning & a can of spraypaint. MikeD74T