PTO shaft Pin

/ PTO shaft Pin #1  

tdenny

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 855 4WD, HST
Hello All,

I have a small problem.

The good news/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif is I've finally gotten the pin that keeps the brush hog drive attached to the PTO shaft unstuck.

<font color=red>The bad news </font color=red>/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif is when I popped it loose I apparently lost some parts for it. I can't figure out how it goes back together. I'm obviously missing at least one small part for this thingy - whatever it might be called scientifically.

My questions are -

1) Can I easily get a new one of these jobbers?
2) If so does anybody have any suggestion where?
3) Are they usually standard sized?

Thanks for any help.

/ PTO shaft Pin #2  
There are several sizes and designs, the easiest thing to do is take that half of the shaft with you to a GOOD farm dealer
and put it on the parts counter and ask for a new quick disconnect pin. Any dealer worth their salt will have them in stock. Some of the newer ones only have a button and a spring and are held in with a couple of punched places around the hole, the older ones may have a clip and two or three pieces. They should know.

/ PTO shaft Pin
Thanks joecdeere.

That's exactly the information I was searching for. I'd sure like to try this old hog once before I have to go buy a new one. Who knows maybe it will work as advertised.

When you say "farm dealer" are you referring to JD, Kubota, NH etc?

/ PTO shaft Pin #4  
Any should do, I just meant to not go to the small lawn and garden center type, A "farm" dealer tends to sell a lot more PTO driven equipment that the small places, therefore would
tend to stock the repair parts

/ PTO shaft Pin
Thanks, I will head there this afternoon.