New Holland 930B Mower Belt Issue

/ New Holland 930B Mower Belt Issue #11  
So this thread is 4 years old and I have come up with a problem. Had to replace one of the spindles (old style) all that is available is the new style. Problem is, pulley on new style is larger than pulley on old style which means the belt is too small. There must be a belt made for the new style pulley's, does anyone know what the part number for that might be?

/ New Holland 930B Mower Belt Issue
So this thread is 4 years old and I have come up with a problem. Had to replace one of the spindles (old style) all that is available is the new style. Problem is, pulley on new style is larger than pulley on old style which means the belt is too small. There must be a belt made for the new style pulley's, does anyone know what the part number for that might be?

Try the Gates B120. It's the size that the NH belt should be. Amazon has them for about $21.00. Last fall I bought a NH belt to have in stock, as my Gates was about 4 years old, and figured that by now NH would have corrected the short belt issue. NOT. I got it on, but not without a struggle, and as discussed above, my deck was modified by the dealer. I now have 2 Gates belts and will put one on shortly because I can't get near the proper tension setting with the NH belt.

I don't remember there being a pulley size difference from the old spindles to the new (maybe - but if there was I probably mentioned it in one of my posts above).

NOTE: I just realized that this thread was where I made my initial query. There is a much more detailed discussion of the belt/spindle problem under New Holland Owning/Operating.

Welshman

Last edited:
   / New Holland 930B Mower Belt Issue #13  
Thanks for the reply Welshman, got the Gates B120 $43.00 from a former New Holland dealer. The B120 is the same size as the belt that is on the mower, therefor, too short. I took the pulley off of the new spindle and laid the old style pulley on top of it, there is a big difference in size, with the new style being larger. I will search for the other thread.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/new-holland-owning-operating/148276-nh-930b-72-rear-mount.html

Here's the link to the start of the other thread. As I indicated on one of the later pages (5 ?) my "new" pulleys were just "slightly" larger than the old. As you will see as you read through - the Gates belt is measurably longer than the "current" New Holland belts. How old is your belt? If you have any questions from the other thread, post them on the other thread so we can better keep the info together, in case someone else needs it.

Welshman

/ New Holland 930B Mower Belt Issue #15  
Thanks for the link, I had previously found the other thread. I'll continue with my reply to you on the other thread.

/ New Holland 930B Mower Belt Issue #16  
wow im having problems with my spindel and pully on my tc13 nh its crazy ive been threw 4 belts already im not that good with working on tractors but ive been giving it a shot they want $500 for a new one the whole darn deck was 1500 any sugestions?

wow im having problems with my spindel and pully on my tc13 nh its crazy ive been threw 4 belts already im not that good with working on tractors but ive been giving it a shot they want $500 for a new one the whole darn deck was 1500 any sugestions?

What mower do you have? I'm assuming at a $500. spindle cost, it's not a 930B. You should start a new thread under New Holland Owning and Operating in order to get some responses to your specific problem.