Default Cub Cadet 2072

I recently discovered a leak of hydrostatic fluid in my 2072. After fixing the problem, I was refilling the hydro resivior. I could add about 3 oz. and then the system would need to "burp" through the filler tube thus spitting out hydro fluid. Is there a breather or something that is plugged, or just a bad design? Can I remove a certain bolt to let it breath when doing this? It taked 14 pints, so I could be here a while.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2350, IH Cub Cadet 1450, Cub Cadet (Diesel) 1572

Default Re: Cub Cadet 2072

If the 2072 is like my 1572 the fill hole is small. I place a very small diameter plastic tube about 6 inches long down the hole to be used as a vent. Be careful not to drop it into the transmission case. Pour your trans fluid along side the vent tubing using a very small funnel. You are correct, it is a poor design.

kj
    The Right to Keep and Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed.

Kubota BX2350, Cub Cadet 1572, IH Cub Cadet 1450

Tractor
    01 Kubota B21TLB, 2010 Ferris 52" ZTR, Cub Cadet 1811, Gravely Super8

Default Re: Cub Cadet 2072

I have the 1811 - same issue -the 3/8" fill tube with larger 1" neck at the top and I use a funnel that fits tightly in the 1" neck so when it burps it doesnt splash out. The funnel holds about a quart and I can add a quart in about 2 minutes with this set up.

When I have a lot to add (replacing it all) I electrical tape the funnel to the neck to prevent seepage.

I like the idea of the vent tube - I have to try that the next time.