Kubota L200 starter

/ Kubota L200 starter #1  

tomcat_7

Tractor
Kubota L200
Hello folks. I am new here, and am looking for any info on where to locate a starter solenoid for my Kubota L200. It has been discontinued, so I am looking at used parts. My local starter shop said they have had no luck rewinding solenoids(I don't know why they can't). I opened it up to file the burned contact points, and when I put it together, it moved when I hooked voltage to it, but when I installed the return spring, it does't have the guts to pull it back again with the spring tension on it. I have tried the gear reduction starters out there that are supposed to fit. They don't. The reduction housing is too big and hits the block, so it won't bolt on. I like my tractor, (except for no live pto) and really want to keep it going. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The starter has been rebuilt in the past, and spins fine. Nippondenso 0028000-0971.
Thanks guys

/ Kubota L200 starter #2  
If it's the same as our L260 then you can get it at a car parts place.

We bought ours at Advance Auto for less than 30 bucks.

It's a nippon denzo starter and solenoid.

Borg Warner makes one that looked just like ours.

Part number s521.

Works great.

I was quoted as high as a hundred bucks but mostly told I couldn't get one.

The Kuboto L260 starter is the same starter used on a bunch of cars and trucks and Denso even makes starters for Harley Davidson.

BW make the replacements for several.

I got lucky, the part guy here in Austin came from an Arkansas Advance Auto where he sold several to tractor guys and knew it right off where several other parts houses including tractor part shops didn't.

Good luck and I hope it the right one. The one you need is out there. You'll find it.

Starter Solenoid by BWD - Part 3993833 - Advance Auto Parts

BWD Buyers' Guide

Attachments

• 3993833_bwd_s521_main.jpg
    3993833_bwd_s521_main.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 217
   / Kubota L200 starter
Thanks for the info. Your starter is different than mine. Mine was the very first Kubota introduced. I finally found a guy that has actual cross reference manuals, instead of just a computer. He found one for me. Fits a John Deere of some sort also. Thanks again. And if anyone reads this and needs a starter for an L200, call Ted in Meridian MS. He is a rough character, but he knows starters. His # is 601-483-3801. Thanks guys