Tractor
    BCS 715

Default BCS 715 Tractor Clutch

I just got my BCS 715 tractor out for the summer and the clutch will not release. If you want it to move you have to ram it into gear and to stop it you have to pull it out of gear. Anyone have any ideas how to fix it? HWM

Tractor
    Ford 1900 FWD Kubota F2100E

Default Re: BCS 715 Tractor Clutch

Do a search for rusted clutches and you will get your answers.
    Bill

Tractor
    BCS 715

Bill, I appreciate your help. When I separate the engine from the transmission the clutch bell is mounted on the shaft of the engine. The clutch is in the transmission housing. Should the clutch come out of this housing or remain? I can't get to it to work with it in any way. Thanks

Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
    Tractor
    BX2200, BCS 735

I had to have a bearing put in my clutch and I just removed the four nuts on the back of the engine and lifted the motor off, the clutch came out with the motor. Take a six mm allen wrench and stick it in the end of the clutch pack and remove the bolt, it's right handed thread so it's easy to get off. Then this http://bcsamerica.com/pdfs/servicein...kinengaged.pdf will show you how to get it loose. Hope that helps.
    Hate is like drinking poison, hoping your enemy will die. unknown author

Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
    Tractor
    BX2200, BCS 735

hwm, did you get your clutch freed up, or did you get it in gear and are still chasing the thing to get it to stop?
    Hate is like drinking poison, hoping your enemy will die. unknown author

Milkman:

I recently bought a BCS605, used, not running [excellent compression by my compression gauge and a bright spark]. I do not believe it has been used in decades. I have disassembled and cleaned the carb, fuel tank, and the engine runs well. I have the rusted clutch problem. Clutch is stuck, engaged. I have seen

http://bcsamerica.com/pdfs/605.pdf

and

http://bcsamerica.com/pdfs/servicein...kinengaged.pdf

I use Haynes Automotive Repair Manual for my Ford repair needs. I find these manuals very helpful because they take me through disassembly / assembly step-by-step. Can you recommend a comparable BCS repair manual? This serviceinfor2-6 clutch repair may be beyond my abilities.

Milkman:

The clutch tear down, cleaning and assembly were not difficult and tractor is running again. The throughout bearing in the clutch mechanism was easy to replace with a standard bearing available locally.

However I continue to look for a "Chilton's / Haynes - type" repair manual for BCS. I am looking forward to learning about any 'step-by-step, shade-tree-mechanic-type' repair manual suggestions.

I continue to make progress on this tractor. I have worked through the engine, clutch, and transmission with superficial mechanical repairs. The drive train is OK up to the slider. Currently I cannot drive, under load, any of the implements that came with the tractor . I bought a new slider and will repair the 'slide lever'. Hopefully that will be enough to get the PTO-driven implements operating properly.

Thanks