Loader Drifts UP... Ideas???

/ Loader Drifts UP... Ideas??? #1  

jimdre

I just picked up a Kubota B2910 with 190 hours in great shape. It has a Kubota LA 402 loader and a woods backhoe. The problem seems to be that when left alone in any position, the loader very slowly drifts up all the way to the full height extension. I haven't dug into it yet, anyone else ever have this happen?

/ Loader Drifts UP... Ideas??? #2  
Does it drift up while running and left alone.

If so, I think it would be the loader valve leaking by a bit.

If it does it while not running????I havent a clue

/ Loader Drifts UP... Ideas???
I should have mentioned that... yes, it only happens when running...

/ Loader Drifts UP... Ideas??? #4  
It definatally sounds like a control valve leaking by/not closing all the way.

Kinda like if you move the lever just a little to barley open the valve to make it it raise slowly.

Do you have 2 levers of a joystick?

If a joystick, maybe the linkage is out of adjustment and not letting it close all the way.

I'm not sure if it is rebuildable. A lot of hydraulic control valves are just metal valvebodies and metal valves, with no seals or anything to replace, just have to replace the whole unit. I'm not sure how yours is.

/ Loader Drifts UP... Ideas???
The control uses a single joystick - not sure if it's rebuildable. I'll have to see if I can raise the dust boot to see what the mechanism and stops looks like.

/ Loader Drifts UP... Ideas??? #6  
Probably the loader valve. Does the handle spring back or snap back to neutral? Could just be worn out. Might have some rust or dirt on the valve shafts. Spray the shafts with WD-40 and see if the joystick will; snap back to neutral.