Belarus 250AS

/ Belarus 250AS #1  

adolan

It's my first post so be gentle. My problem is I drove my tractor around the yard and went to park it in the back yard. The throttle lever would not shut the engine off so I placed the tranny in high gear with the rpms very low I let out on the clutch and it died. I left it sitting there for a few weeks and it got rained on. I went to move the tractor and now it will run fine but will not move. The gears grind a little but it feels like it shifts into gear. But when I let out on clutch it acts like it is in neutral. You can push the tractor around and it does not act like it is in gear at all. I pulled the clutch inspection plate off and there was water collected in the bottom of the housing but everything appeared to be fine. I put a shot of grease in the fitting. Any ideas? The clutch never gave me a minutes trouble. Always shifted smooth until now. The PTO shaft engages but does not keep turning when the clutch is pressed. " I am not sure if it ever did since I have not had the tractor too long from my grandfather". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also would pulling the starter give me any view of the clutch?

Thanks,

Andy

/ Belarus 250AS
correction. The pto shaft does not stop or slow down when the clutch is pressed.

/ Belarus 250AS
Somebody please take a stab at my problem if you can. I don't want to take my tractor in half and find out I could have avoided it.

Thanks

/ Belarus 250AS #4  
There's just not too many Belarus owners around. Of course it sounds as if your clutch is gone, but I'm sure not enough mechanic, especially on Belarus, to give you any reliable information.

/ Belarus 250AS #5  
I have checked the manuals, every thing leads to clutch needing replaced. You may want to check out the linkages...good luck.

/ Belarus 250AS #6  
By the sound of it you jinxed the clutch plate when you killed the engine.
You'll need to split the tractor to get access.
The PTO is either on its own clutch or splined directly in the flywheel.

/ Belarus 250AS #7  
I did have that problem once when I first bought my 250AS. I had the HI LO shift in the center position and the tractor would not move. I'm old and was worried I might do it again so I put a bolt in the shift cover so it could NOT be put in HI. I have done a lot of work to my tractor. I installed new clutch, new throw out bearing , new hydraulic drive gear bearings and seals. Replaced all the seals and O rings in the hydraulic cylinder, control valve and I replaced the brake bands. I found the Manual is not very good at explaining the repair procedures you just have to take your time. I actually bought two clutches as while I was replacing the first one I got it in a bind and broke it. I just painted the tractor and am replacing the seat at this time.

/ Belarus 250AS #8  
does-anyone-have-or-know-where-to-find-a-video-or-picture-breakdownof-250as-howto-manual

/ Belarus 250AS #9  
check-under-rightside-floorboard----look-for-a-lever-with-knob----there-are-two-or-three-positions------this-is-cold-start-lever--this-lever-may-be-in-wrong-slot.----but-sometimes-highlow-shift-lever-by-main-shifter-is-hard-to-get-back-in-geer.this-is-caused-by-week-forks-inside-tranny

/ Belarus 250AS #10  
I think theres a clear copy of them at Jensales website. I have a friend that had a 240 for many years but sold it. Ill ask if he has his manual. You dont happen to know Danny or Johnny Ray from Hamilton do you.