ROPS removal on a Kubota B7100

/ ROPS removal on a Kubota B7100 #1  

sorindus

HI,

I recently purchased a Kubota B7100 HST. I think it is a 1996 model. This tractor came with a non-foldable ROPS. I have an orchard that I need to mow and there are lots of tree with a clearance lower than the ROPS. Hence, I would like to remove the ROPS. The ROPS is attached to the tractor by 6 or 8 screws (I did this a few days ago and Imm not home right now), 3 or 4 on each side of the rear PTO. Also, it seems to go through the axle that holds the 2 lower links of the 3 point hitch. I figured the removal would be pretty simple. I removed one wheel and the screws; I removed the pieces securing the ends of that axle; I then removed the 2 lower links of the 3-point-hitch and two spacers from the same axle. I then expected that I could just push the axle out on either side, remove the ROPS, then put everything back. However, I could not get that axle to move at all, in either direction. I figured that it could be hard to remove it if the weight of the ROPS is still on it so I suspended the ROPS to ease the pressure. No change whatsoever. Does anybody know what the problem might be? Am I doing something wrong here? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

SD

/ ROPS removal on a Kubota B7100 #2  
I installed the ROPS on my 1978 B6100 and the bolt-on arrangement was just as you described. I used the reverse of your procedure to install it.

On mine, the axle you describe slid right out after removing the pieces on the ends that hold it in. There were no other "hidden" circlips or anything.

Yours may just be rusted/frozen in place. Try PB Blaster.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

/ ROPS removal on a Kubota B7100
Thanks for the reply, WVBill. It's good to know there is nothing else. I already tried WB40. I'll try PB Blaster and a bigger hammer... :)

/ ROPS removal on a Kubota B7100 #4  
My first subcompact tractor didn't have a ROPS, and I didn't miss it. I understand your wanting to remove it, but have you considered just shortening it instead? Even a short ROPS would be better than none, provided you give it enough room to work.
David from jax

/ ROPS removal on a Kubota B7100 #5  
I needed to remove the ROPS from my B7100 while I was fitting the Woods Bh750 backhoe from a Yanmar to my Kubota. If I remember correctly the bar that the lower 3ph arms attach to (you refer to as an axle) also passes through the tractor draw bar (trailer hitch). If your 3ph axle was bent at all it would jam and not come out. If yours has the same setup I would suggest loosening the draw bar from the bottom of the tractor and see if that helps. Again if I remember correctly it had three bolts going up into the bottom of the rear axle assembly.

/ ROPS removal on a Kubota B7100 #6  

Hey, can any of you guys take a few pics of how your ROPS mounts? I have a BH on mine and have been told I need to order a special (read: much more expensive) ROPS to fit my tractor. And the dealer can't even show me a picture of what I need or what the standard one looks like!

Thanks in advance.

/ ROPS removal on a Kubota B7100 #7  

Hey, can any of you guys take a few pics of how your ROPS mounts? I have a BH on mine and have been told I need to order a special (read: much more expensive) ROPS to fit my tractor. And the dealer can't even show me a picture of what I need or what the standard one looks like!

Thanks in advance.

Very hard to get decent photos in the garage and it is raining very hard outside. I hope these help. I was able to use the ROPS that was already on my tractor when I put the backhoe on. Mine is a Woods BH750 with a subframe. What type of backhoe are you using?

Attachments

• ROPS1.JPG
    ROPS1.JPG
    885.3 KB · Views: 1,569
  • ROPS2.jpg
    ROPS2.jpg
    721.5 KB · Views: 1,685
  • ROPS3.jpg
    ROPS3.jpg
    770 KB · Views: 3,755
   / ROPS removal on a Kubota B7100 #8  

Thanks Sam.

That looks like the one I can't use. It goes right through where my legs and feet would be operating my BH.

I have a Kubota (maybe made by Woods???) B670. It tucks in so tightly to the rear of the tractor that the 3 point hitch has to be removed. To operate it you turn the driver's seat around 180.

Attachments

• Kubota1TBN.jpg
    Kubota1TBN.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 3,440
  • Kubota3TBN.jpg
    Kubota3TBN.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 2,741