frozen balls 3ph

/ frozen balls 3ph #1  

sal64

Platinum Member
Tractor
jd 2320 jd 990 jd950
hello all i got my fathers tractor out today jd950, he hasnt started it in a yr ran and started great took off the brushhog and the 3ph balls were frozen rusted tried every oil put long bar in the 7/8 holes to try to free them hit with hamer no luck gave up for today, put them in kerosine for tonight will try again tomorow dont think they will free up thiking of hacksawing one side then maby spreading the round piece and reweld any idears would be much apreciated.tuvm

/ frozen balls 3ph #2  
Maybe use a torch to heat up the outter part of it? Just a thought. But, I really think if you keep up your current approach that you will eventually work them free.

/ frozen balls 3ph #3  
I agree with kebo, they should break free. was this tractor stored outside?

/ frozen balls 3ph #4  
I am a great fan of PB Blaster. Let it sink in and spray again. Every 30 minutes or so. Do this several times. It has a carrier which thins it out and makes it move into smaller cracks and crevices.

/ frozen balls 3ph #5  
Ditto w/BobRip Great product-PB Blaster! ~S

/ frozen balls 3ph #6  
yep.. that and heat / cool / quench cycles should break it free.

soundguy

/ frozen balls 3ph
thank u all for respons, heat and wd40 finaly freed them they were realy frozen, i had to put ball in vise and shake back and forth, i will pick up a can off that pb blaster .

/ frozen balls 3ph #8  
wd 40 is great if you get water on your distrib cap.. or need to remove stickers from glass.. but that's about it.. as a penetrant.. you might as well use spit ... it would work better.. pb is light years better than wd-40 as a penetrant.

soundguy

/ frozen balls 3ph #9  
With WD40 the propellant always runs out before the contents of the can do.

/ frozen balls 3ph #10  
AeroKroil or Kroil beats PB blaster hands down! I've had to undo two inch nuts off bolts that's been washed in sea water, then sat for over a year on the docks. I used just about every penetrating oil on the market. Kroil worked the best. Spray on, went to lunch, put a two inch socket on the end of a 3/4 inch breaker bar, worried the nut back and forth several times, and it spun off. Worked every time like this. PB and most of the other oils, I had to use more force and it took longer.

KanoLabs.com