tires

/ tires #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
Anybody try using industrial or turf tires on the front and ags on the back? Been thinking about changing the front tires on my 7260 to something a little "less aggressive". I have 12.4 x 24's on the back and they don't seem to bother, but the front ones like to cut in.

/ tires #2  
If you mean cutting into grass, then try reversing tread on front. It is supposed to help. And you'll be able to back out out of material piles better.

/ tires #3  
I have Ag tires on the back and industrials on the front on my tractor (Massey Ferguson 230). I use it on the farm and have had no problems with that configuration. I do not have a FEL nor does the tractor have 4 wheel drive. I assume that those would be considerations in a decision to run one this way. I bought the tractor in this configuration, and until I either wear them out or need the ribbed tires to hold a line while using the tractor, I plan to leave the industrials on the front.

/ tires #4  
I have Turfs on the back and Ags on the front of my4wd Kubota B6100. All filled with anti-freeze.
I replaced the rear Ags when I got the tractor. The Turfs are wider and bigger than the ags were so this increases the stability. When I need added traction, I engage the 4wd and get the 4wd traction plus the traction of the front Ags. When I REALLY need traction, I fill the FEL to put more weight on the front tires.

I think its a good versatile combination and have not seen any scuffing of my grass except when I have a full FEL and make a tight turn.

/ tires #5  
Did you keep the same front to rear tire ratio for the 4wd when you mixed the ags and the turfs?

Soundguy

/ tires #6  
Been doing that for 10 years on a Yanmar 240D. The biggest problem was getting a tire with the right circumference.
I mounted 3 different size tires before I got it right.

/ tires #7  
I did a lot of checking and measuring first but it was not easy to find data on the rolling circumference of various tires and I never could find the spec's on the ratio for my B6100. So my Kubota dealer let me bring home a set of rear tires/wheels that "looked right" and check them out. With good instructions from folks here at TBN I measured the ratios of the Ag - Ag combo and the Ag - Turf combo and they came out nearly identical. I also ran about 1/4 mile on an asphalt road with 4wd engaged, stopped and dis-engaged the 4wd with no binding. So I'm pretty confident that I kept the same ratio.