kubota alternator

/ kubota alternator #1  

heehaw

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV
anyone know a place that "repairs" kubota alternators?
heehaw

/ kubota alternator #2  
Pretty much any auto electric shop should be able to do it. I assume they are Nippon Denso or one of the other "usual" Japanese alternators. 99% of the time the problem is either the voltage regulator or the rectifier. If they don't have them, they can get from their supplier.

/ kubota alternator
we've only got one starter/alternator repair place in this area, an they said no, heck no: an didn't know of any other places that would
heehaw

/ kubota alternator #4  
heehaw I have one from my former L3600 It should be in good condition and we don't live far apart. send private message if interested.
ken

/ kubota alternator
got another alternator, but hate to see one that should be repairable be thrown away. would much rather have it repaired an have a spare, even if i never needed it..the replacement is made in china, cost @ $130 which ain't bad, i guess, ebay has some even cheaper, but i really think the original is probably better made an if i could get it repaired, would last a lot longer than these replacements.
heehaw

/ kubota alternator #6  
hehaw you never mentioned the problem with your alternator. mine the voltage regulator failed and bought a replacment alternator then later replaced the voltage regulator.
easy to fix and since not having voltage problems never changed back to tractor.
thanks for the reply.
se'ya ken

/ kubota alternator
i "assumed" the alternator has a built in voltage regulator? if so where did you get one?
i'm actually helping a friend on this, the alternator is off his tractor: he bought a new one, it quit working within 2 weeks, but the co he ordered it from, replaced it: of course he had to pay to ship the bad one back: we would just like to get the original one repaired, mainly because of the track record of the first one he bought.
heehaw

/ kubota alternator #8  
heehaw Had to dig deep into the kubota book for the numbers. There is a go to ebay store Oklahoma Starter/Alternator parts store in Lexington,Okla.
For my L3600 part #34070-75600 Alternator the Assy Regulator # 15881-64600 Kubota parts counter wanted $139.95 + shipping of $15.00 twice. for a item weighing .22 lbs.
This parts store had the same # for 39.95 +9.00 shipping.

reg.# VRH2005-39N
the voltage reg. only controls the voltage to around 14.5 volts+/_ if yours failed look for a short to cause this failure.
I'm not knocking the dealier but double shipping charges turned me off going that direction.
ken

/ kubota alternator #9  
hee haw
you never stated the alternator number if it isoriginal you will find a tag with this number from that number i can tell you the regulator number and price. what was the problem with your alternator, also i can do it by the model number of the tractor and may need serial number also. i may also be able to put you in touch with a rebuilder in your area who will fixit by the way how far is ft. smith from you have a friend who owns rebuild shop there i know he will fix it for you.

thanks

mitch becton

/ kubota alternator #10  
I also have a L3600 and just had to replace the alternator. Got my from Discount Starter and Alternator Tele#18007969394. Shipped to home was $85 new alternator and I live in Louisiana. Call the people and they were very knowledge and helpful to work with. Hope this helps your help also. My Kubota dealer here wanted $375 for a alternator.
regards
Mike Bertrand