Kubota L3830 won't run!

/ Kubota L3830 won't run! #1  

awhite

Tractor
Kubota M6800/Kubota L3830/MKubota M8560 CAB/Kubota ZD221/Kubota BX1500/Ford 3930
Kubota L3830 won't run more than 5 minutes. Sounds like some kind of safety feature is making fuel solenoid shut tractor off. Bypassed seat and PTO and still have the same problem. Replaced fuel solenoid and still have the same problem. I think I have the problem narrowed down to either the key switch or an OPC timing switch. Still not 100% sure, and advice appreciated.

/ Kubota L3830 won't run! #2  
I believe your fuel solenoid is a fuel shut off type... that is it only energizes when you turn the key to off, and then it energizes for only a few seconds. If this is true with your tractor it should keep running indefinitely if you disconnect the wiring to the solenoid. Have you done that to see if it is something outside of the fuel shut off circuit? KennyV.

/ Kubota L3830 won't run! #3  
I wonder if it could be a fuel delivery or starvation issue. I looked in the parts manual for our 3830, and I didn't see a screen inside the fuel tank, but maybe dirt could be clogging a line? Or maybe a fuel line could be partially collapsed or pinched? Maybe the fuel filter itself could be bad? Happy hunting.

/ Kubota L3830 won't run!
I don't believe that it's a fuel problem because it doesn't run rough or act as if it were starving for fuel. You can hear the solenoid click and then the engine shuts down. The longer the tractor has been running, the worse it gets. After it dies, you can hear the solenoid click in and out. There's a little black module that's bolted underneath the dash. Kubota calls it a OPC relay switch. I would try to bypass this, but I don't know the wiring and don't want to risk damaging any other parts.

/ Kubota L3830 won't run!
Problem solved! OPC Timer went bad. Bypassed by connecting both red wires together. Kubota part#TD060-30500.

/ Kubota L3830 won't run! #6  
Thats great to hear? How did you find that problem??? Glad to hear its running....

/ Kubota L3830 won't run! #7  
Problem solved! OPC Timer went bad. Bypassed by connecting both red wires together. Kubota part#TD060-30500.

I can't thank you enough for posting this solution. We have been trying everything this summer to resolve this issue with no success. I went out to the dealer today and bought the part. It seems to have fixed the problem.
Thanks again.