Woods 650 BH Hose Problem

/ Woods 650 BH Hose Problem #1  

Temp97

Bronze Member
Got cracked threads on the hose end of the line and need to replace the fitting. I don't want to have to take the hose completely off and re-route it once fixed (doesn't look like it would be an easy job). Is it possible to drive it to the dealer and they can fix it while it's still on the trailer or does the hose have to come off to be crimped? I'd do it myself but I don't have the proper tools to do it.

Thanks

/ Woods 650 BH Hose Problem #2  
It is theoretically possible to bring a field crimping machine to your
hoe, but not all shops have one, and it is not a good idea to try to
save an old hose.

That assumes you have enough slack in the hose for a new end, and
someone willing to put a new crimp on it.

I think you will have to re-route a new hose.

/ Woods 650 BH Hose Problem #3  
Woods hoes are not as hard as they look to route hoses. They do use a 5/16 hose which alot of people do not carry. A 3/8 hose will work; it makes routing a little more difficult but I have run 3/8" hose on a few lines.

/ Woods 650 BH Hose Problem
Looking at it I believe the hardest part will be getting the hose thru that fabric they enclose the hoses in near the bottom. Thinking about cutting the fabric then sewing it back up using zip ties once done.

/ Woods 650 BH Hose Problem #5  
You can "pull canvas up as far as it will go from bottom and push top down as far as it will go. You will be able to get the line through it ok. If you have an electrical fish line, you can slide it down and hook onto line. Note; make sure you tape off ends of lines to keep debris out of them. I just pulled two lines about a month ago. I also thought about cutting canvas but decided to try and get new line through. It went through. I was using 3/8" lines which made it a little more dificult. Good Luck.

/ Woods 650 BH Hose Problem #6  
Try to use the old line to pull the new one in with if possible even if you have to make up an adapter to join old to new. The mechanics at work do that all the time when replacing hoses inside the booms on the bucket trucks and digger trucks.

/ Woods 650 BH Hose Problem
OK, got the canvass so I can work it from both ends. Have the hose unhooked and ran it down the inside of the boom frame all the way to the bottom. Now it's stuck!! There doesn't seem to be enough clearance to pull it thru. Barely enough room for the hose by it's self to go thru. Just got back from the dealer and they said that most guys just cut the line and run new ones on the outside?? I got to believe that they ran the hoses thru at the factory and crimped the fittings on after.. Dqdave maybe your 7500 has a bigger opening at the bottom?

/ Woods 650 BH Hose Problem #8  
I had a new end put on my Kioti at the local automotive shop. Since I didn't see them do it, I don't know if it was a hand held crimper or not.. Just a thought..

/ Woods 650 BH Hose Problem #9  
OK, got the canvass so I can work it from both ends. Have the hose unhooked and ran it down the inside of the boom frame all the way to the bottom. Now it's stuck!! There doesn't seem to be enough clearance to pull it thru. Barely enough room for the hose by it's self to go thru. Just got back from the dealer and they said that most guys just cut the line and run new ones on the outside?? I got to believe that they ran the hoses thru at the factory and crimped the fittings on after.. Dqdave maybe your 7500 has a bigger opening at the bottom?

I don't know your backhoe, but VERY doubtful that the hoses were run then ends attached.

I think you just need to use foul language and elbow grease. It will work.. My tractor is fully hydraulic. When you look at the tunnel the hoses go through you are mystified how it happend at all. The trick with my machine is that you should pull the new hose out with the old hose. Use a "barrel" adapter and hook the hoses together.

Downside of this method is that you will add debris to your pull if the hoses are aged and cracking due to age...

That also said, you should do this as clean as possible, making every effort (caps, condoms) to keep things surgically clean.

Also, make sure both ends have the same fittings, ( If one is a male and the other a female, push the male end through).

/ Woods 650 BH Hose Problem #10  
Mine had something up in the bottom that hung up the hose, but it went thru with a "little" work. 7500 may be a little bigger, but I am sure woods slips the lines in with ends attached.
I would not put line on outside.