Short block availability?

/ Short block availability? #1  

The Dougster

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800
My son called last night and told me he just bought another tractor, a Ford 1310.... he got it at a bargain basement price with intentions of putting the FEL onto his tractor... no, I don't remember but apparently he's got to make some major modifications to accomplish this....
In talking to him, he tells me that the 1310 had a busted block... that's when I suggested he get a short block and fix the 1310 for use... Now, my question is... where the heck do we start looking for a short block? Suggestions?

/ Short block availability? #2  
I hope he didn't pay much for it. That's going to be a tough find. In fact, I'd be very surprised if he finds a reman shortblock anywhere for it.

/ Short block availability? #3  
GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!! Hope he bought it for scrap price. I have been looking for a replacement motor for a 1200 over a year. When you find one they want a kings ransom because there are none. Matter of fact the engine is worth more than the combined complete unit. ( parts value 2x ). If it is four wheel drive the engine is the frame and I don't know anyone who has bolted a substitute power source to make it play. When I see people paying 2-3k for a 12-14 hundred series tractor they sure don't know whats in store. It seems they have a weak crankshaft which has a tendancy to disentergrate.

If he fixes it please post the results. One would be very lucky to come across a running engine at a reasonsable price.

/ Short block availability? #4  
A long block would probably be easier to locate while looking. Most
engine reman companies don't want to warranty a new engine
with an old head that may have problems.

I'm no help on where to find either unfortunately.

/ Short block availability? #5  

Attachments

• 33be0dh.jpg
    33be0dh.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 211
   / Short block availability?
Whoa Boy, you guys are encouraging... lol

Yes, he got the tractor real, real cheap and may continue with his original plan to move the FEL to his working tractor... it was my idea to try to rebuild the engine on this one... Hey... I'm always full of ideas... good'uns 'N bad'uns....

/ Short block availability? #7  
yes I'd say a remanufactured engine would cost way more than a running tractor if they could be found, I just bought pistons and rings for one I have they was $516.43, the gasket set is over $400 and the rod bearings are over $30 a set.i still have to find a manuel or somebody that has the torque specs for the head and rod bolts.