Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800

Default Short block availability?

My son called last night and told me he just bought another tractor, a Ford 1310.... he got it at a bargain basement price with intentions of putting the FEL onto his tractor... no, I don't remember but apparently he's got to make some major modifications to accomplish this....
    In talking to him, he tells me that the 1310 had a busted block... that's when I suggested he get a short block and fix the 1310 for use... Now, my question is... where the heck do we start looking for a short block? Suggestions?
    The Dougster in the Great Republic of Texas

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Default Re: Short block availability?

I hope he didn't pay much for it. That's going to be a tough find. In fact, I'd be very surprised if he finds a reman shortblock anywhere for it.

Tractor
    New Holland TC 55 DA, 4110 John Deere, HT 20 Bolens, 1456 Bolens

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!! Hope he bought it for scrap price. I have been looking for a replacement motor for a 1200 over a year. When you find one they want a kings ransom because there are none. Matter of fact the engine is worth more than the combined complete unit. ( parts value 2x ). If it is four wheel drive the engine is the frame and I don't know anyone who has bolted a substitute power source to make it play. When I see people paying 2-3k for a 12-14 hundred series tractor they sure don't know whats in store. It seems they have a weak crankshaft which has a tendancy to disentergrate.

If he fixes it please post the results. One would be very lucky to come across a running engine at a reasonsable price.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 1050 2wd, Case 580D 2wd

A long block would probably be easier to locate while looking. Most
    engine reman companies don't want to warranty a new engine
    with an old head that may have problems.

I'm no help on where to find either unfortunately.
    Scott

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7800

If he sticks with his original plan he can always do this with the 1310:

http://i40.tinypic.com/33be0dh.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Short block availability?-33be0dh-jpg  

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800

Whoa Boy, you guys are encouraging... lol

Yes, he got the tractor real, real cheap and may continue with his original plan to move the FEL to his working tractor... it was my idea to try to rebuild the engine on this one... Hey... I'm always full of ideas... good'uns 'N bad'uns....
    The Dougster in the Great Republic of Texas

Tractor
    1310 ford -new holland,35 massey ferguson

yes I'd say a remanufactured engine would cost way more than a running tractor if they could be found, I just bought pistons and rings for one I have they was $516.43, the gasket set is over $400 and the rod bearings are over $30 a set.i still have to find a manuel or somebody that has the torque specs for the head and rod bolts.