Cub cadet LT1554 Deck Problems

/ Cub cadet LT1554 Deck Problems #1  

Gator83509

Hello everyone. I am new to the site and was hoping to get some advice. I just got this Lt 1554 and it runs and looks like new. It has 80 hrs on it but after 2 weekends i still can't cut with it. The belt that is on it has some slight cracking on the inside and the first time i engaged the pto the deck shook horribly and slung the belt. I was gonna try the belt first but my father -in-law suggested making sure everything else was good before ruining a new belt. Idropped the deck and all the bearings seem to be fine everything spins good. I did notice the blades looked in bad shape so i went ahead and replaced all three. Put it all back on and made sure everything lined up and belt was on correctly. As soon as i engaged pto it shook horribly as before and slung belt in a couple seconds just like always. I was hoping to get some advice on what to check on from here and see if this was a common problem. Thanks for any I help and hope to get it going and see how it cuts. This is my first tractor and I'm pretty excited about getting it going. Jason

/ Cub cadet LT1554 Deck Problems #2  
Sounds like a bent spindle to me. Put it up on some ramps or something so you can see under the deck and rotate each blade by hand and look for any wobble of the pulleys or blade.