Kubota Evaporator

/ Kubota Evaporator #1  

Fisher16

How do you clean the evaporator on a Kubota M6800? I bought the tractor used and the air filter on the cab was missing. I think I have a small jungle inside the air conditioner unit. Any other ideas?

/ Kubota Evaporator #2  
I've had my headliner out, and it looked fairly accessible. Remove all knobs, controls, vents, etc. The pitons that hold the headliner up are easily removed by pushing in the pin in the center of them. It did take me a little while to figure out everything that needed to be removed, but it was not a difficult job. I don't remember if you can get all around the evap, but i'm thinking a shop vac would do a good job up there once you have the headliner out.

/ Kubota Evaporator #3  
P.S. Before you do all that..... make sure your vent above your head is set to recirculate the air, instead of using outside air for the A/C. If I remember correctly, setting to recirculate made my A/C blow about 15 degrees cooler.

/ Kubota Evaporator #4  
On my tractor, there are maybe 14 long bolts that unscrew from inside the cab... get all these removed and the cab top simply lifts off... light but best done with 2 people.

Then the entire top of the cab is open to view, cleaning, etc.

I just redid my AC... discovered that it is critical to really, really, really clean out the radiator and the AC radiator... all the stuff in the front of the engine... quick inspection didn't show a lot of stuff caught in them... but it showed up when hit with air and later a water hose.

/ Kubota Evaporator
Thanks. The local dealer told me to blow out the condensor and radiator until I could not stand it any longer (about 1 hour before the air was clear). I turned on the A/C and the same problem: cold air for 10-15 seconds and then hot air for 30-45 seconds and then repeat, repeat, etc.

That led me to believe that it had to be the junk upstairs but I was worried I might hurt something if I started dismantling and exploring the AC unit. I will try to remove the cover and put the shop vac on it.

/ Kubota Evaporator #6  
recommend remove top... should be simple.... then blow out with air compressor... if you don't have one, good reason to get one... check to see if compressor is running ... perhaps it is on for a short while, then off, then on..etc...