Fram oil filters for New Holland engine

/ Fram oil filters for New Holland engine #1  

DBEEG

Hi All,
I can't find what Fram oil filter fits my New Holland TC34DA. When I try looking it up it comes up with all kinds of other New Hollands but not mine. Anyone know of where I can get cheap engine oil filters from Fram or anyone else?? Thanks.

/ Fram oil filters for New Holland engine #2  
If you have an O'Reilly Auto Parts near you, they carry Wix filters, and the Wix website has a filter lookup. WIX filters, WIX oil filters, WIX air filters, WIX fuel filters, WIX Heavy Duty Oil Filters . I just searched your TC34DA and it takes a Wix 51348, which our local O'Reilly carries for $5.49. They're good filters, and far better constructed than a Fram. Also, NAPA Gold filters are rebadged Wix, and a NAPA 1348 is about $6.50 here, in case you don't have a local O'Reilly but do have a NAPA nearby.

/ Fram oil filters for New Holland engine #3  
if a napa 1348 screws on.. a fram ph7575 will screw on too..

how much is the dealer oil filter for that tractor. I run aftermarket filters sometimes on my antiques.. but my newer tractors still get oem filters... just because..

soundguy

/ Fram oil filters for New Holland engine #5  
if a napa 1348 screws on.. a fram ph7575 will screw on too..

how much is the dealer oil filter for that tractor. I run aftermarket filters sometimes on my antiques.. but my newer tractors still get oem filters... just because..

soundguy

Part number and price are off the top of my head, but I think we sell the 87415600 oil filter for a little over $8.

/ Fram oil filters for New Holland engine #6  
Like I thought.. same basic price range as the aftermarket units...

soundguy

/ Fram oil filters for New Holland engine #7  
I would not run a Fram on my monther in law's Techumsa lawn mower.

/ Fram oil filters for New Holland engine #8  
they can't be that bad.. or lotsa tractors would be dead right now... the ph8a is a popular spin on fitting many fords from 53+

soundguy

/ Fram oil filters for New Holland engine #9  
It's not really that Frams are that bad...just that they appear to be constructed cheaper than other filters that cost the same or less. How this translates to filtering performance, I can't really say.

I usually run Wix, or Purolator if I want a lower priced filter. If I find a good deal on OEM filters, I'll buy those too, but won't spend much more to get them because 1 of the major filter mfgs make them too. I can't recall off the top of my head, but I saw where a NH and Kubota filter were cut open and the Kubota was made by Wix. I believe the NH filter was mfg by Champ Labs, but could be wrong.

*EDIT* Found the link to the oil filter dissections -- Other Styles of Oil Filters . New Holland filter is about half-way down the page, Kubota filter is near the bottom. Not that you can really infer anything about filtering ability from cutting open a filter like this...it's just kinda fun to look at and see who makes what, as well as how they're constructed and differences between manufacturers.

/ Fram oil filters for New Holland engine #10  
As far as price goes.. I think an stp can be had a hair cheaper than fram offerings, except for the small selection of fram at walmart which are bare bottom prices. Last time I bought some spin ons for my fords I believe I was near an autozone and so picked up motorcraft fl1-a.. which arguably probably is an oem filter for the old fords.. I do believe it was right in line with the price of the fram ph8a.. if not 1$ cheaper.. ie.. 2.99 vs 3.99 ( darn cheap filters! either way.. bit less than a napa 1452 or 1515)

soundguy