Z-Force Zero Turn Cub Cadet Transmission Problems.. HELP!!!

/ Z-Force Zero Turn Cub Cadet Transmission Problems.. HELP!!! #1  

burtonboy

Tractor
Cub Cadet
I have a 2004 Cub Cadet Z-Force 48" 22 HP B&S zero turn mower. It has about 300 hours on it according to the previous owner. It shows only 33 hours on the hour meter but the previous owner said they put it back to zero when he bought it from his local dealer. Here is the problem, after about 40 minutes of mowing the right side transmission pretty much just gives in. It starts groaning and loses power. If I let it sit for awhile and let it cool down, it will go back to normal. I thought if I would change the hydro oil (or something like that) it would help. I called my local dealer and they said the unit is sealed and is not servicable. What is happening and what are my options?

/ Z-Force Zero Turn Cub Cadet Transmission Problems.. HELP!!! #2  
There is an older post on these transmissions but I haven't been able to find it, even though I posted to it earlier today. There were several people that posted replies that had taken the transmission apart and cleaned the filter and refilled with fluid. Seems like the biggest problem each had was the bolts galling. Kroil and patience seemed like the best solution. Each reported good results after performing this maintenance.

I have a Z-Force that is 3 years old and I haven't had to do any major repairs. I recently replaced the tension pulley on the blade drive belt after the sealed bearing failed. I need to pull the deck out from beneath mine and free up the pivot point for the tension pulley arm. My biggest complaint overall is the speed at which the front wheels on the deck wear out.

/ Z-Force Zero Turn Cub Cadet Transmission Problems.. HELP!!! #3  
I think I got rid of mine just in time. just kidding. sold it to buy my Kubota B7100HST. I hated to, but the wife said if you want a new toy, you have to sell a toy, to get a toy. How dare her. durn it. lol It seemed like a great mower the little time I had it. I have 2 other mowers anyway. I had no complaints from my stepson to cut the grass, just from me where he was cutting doughnuts turning to fast, and sharp. lol zman

/ Z-Force Zero Turn Cub Cadet Transmission Problems.. HELP!!! #4  
Speaking of the hour meter, that was one gripe I had, mine was a 2006 and within 30 hrs. the meter on it quit. I didnt even carry it back to have it replaced, it wasnt worth doing without it for several weeks to have it replaced. zman

/ Z-Force Zero Turn Cub Cadet Transmission Problems.. HELP!!! #5  
I have a ? as far as the hour meter, how do you reset a digital meter? Mine had the digital meter. Also isn"t turning back a meter illegal, it is on a car, in South Carolina.

/ Z-Force Zero Turn Cub Cadet Transmission Problems.. HELP!!!
Does anybody know the proper way to tear the right side transmission down and change / clean the filter and change the oil? Also; does it take any kind of special fluid or oil once I drain the original stuff out?