Default BOBCAT 743 STEERING PROBLEMS

I've got a steering issue with my bobcat 743. Independent of throttle, one side gets jumpy on me when I'm turning. Has anyone every experienced this and/or have suggestions on where to start on repairing it?

Thanks!!! Anything is appreciated.

Tractor
    2004 Kubota L35TLB, '89' Cub Cadet 1541

Default Re: BOBCAT 743 STEERING PROBLEMS

Quote Originally Posted by mccuec View Post
    I've got a steering issue with my bobcat 743. Independent of throttle, one side gets jumpy on me when I'm turning. Has anyone every experienced this and/or have suggestions on where to start on repairing it?

Thanks!!! Anything is appreciated.
    Welcome to TBN mccuec.

I don't own a Bobcat.. but I do have a New Holland skid steer and I'd have to guess a jumpy side when turning could be hydraulic (as in the drive motor or transmission) or mechanical (as in the chain/sprocket).. For your sake I hope it's not any of those.
    I'm guessing you made sure your hydraulic oil level is good, and the drive control levers are adjusted properly?

How are you with mechanical repairs? My first advice would be a service manual set and a parts manual. The repair manual (set) is indispensible if you need to start taking your Bobcat apart.

I'm in similar condition..well, I need to do a fairly major repair on my ss.

Tractor by net has a construction equipment forum, you could post this question there. Construction Equipment - TractorByNet.com
    .....Tim