earthforce ef4 forward neutral rreverse

/ earthforce ef4 forward neutral rreverse #1  

ken halderman

Hi,looking for a solution to a shifter problem.fnr failed/broke.replacement part does not match original.got the part from a bobcat dealer.anyone know anything about this problem.sure would like to get it fixed...thanks

/ earthforce ef4 forward neutral rreverse
ok,for anyone who runs into this problem..bear in mind if I see one more of these tractors,that will be two I've ever seen.I don't know if this is right,I only know it woked.first color will be shifter/fnr followed by wire I connected it to.white on fnr to one blk wire in harness that is hot with key on or off..that's horn.Blk on fnr to yelow with the blk tracer..that's low range.orange on fnr to dash mounted neutral indicator light.Brn on fnr to white with blk tracer that's reverse.green on fnr to yellow with green tracer that's hi range.blue on fnr to grey that's power supply comes from third fuse on top row.yellow on fnr to green with black tracer that's forward.red on fnr to the other blk wire in harness that's the horn.I hope this helps somebody.Ken

/ earthforce ef4 forward neutral rreverse #3  
Well, aparently you fixed the problem, even if it took a while. They are nice machines that IR killed to get rid of competition.

I have been battling with some wierd electrical issues on my B200. Power to instruments is intermittant. Somethimes the charge light comes on, sometimes not. Tore the alternator down and found nothing wrong. If it stops charging, its only a matter of time and the hydrostatic safety circuit kicks in with no drive. That appears to have been my original problem, when I was worried that the hydro had failed.

Operating lever for battery isolator was broken off when I bought the machine, so I completely bypassed the isolator to remove it as a potential cause of the electrical issues.

Kubota engine related issues: Dipstick tube has an o-ring groove in it where it enters the crankcase to seal out dirt and keep in the oil. Well, on my engine the o-ring did not engage, so had oil spilling out of there. This weekend found the shaft of the wastgate on the turbo jammed due to being dry and a bit of rust. Put some oil on it and worked it with a wrench and now it is free, but need some proper high temp lubricant or just have to keep an eye on it. I think water drips down the outside of the stack and onto the outside of the exhaust turbine which results in the corrosion. Unfortunately my machine has to sleep outside right now.

My machine is a 2003 with 1500 hours and I paid $12k for it. I still think it was a deal. Once I can park it under roof, I would like to clean it up and re-paint it something other than that sickly white. Not worth the effort right now.