Default International 3400a backhoe diesel

Any help would be great. I have a 3400a backhoe with a 3 cyclinder diesel about a 1974 and am having trouble finding anyone who knows much about it. Right now it will not start , was running 2 weeks ago but now it just turns over and smokes. I have tried bleeding the fuel line and injectors. the middle injector does have bubbles in the fuel when it is cracked open but they will not go away . Was told it may be a head gasket but there is no water in the oilpan ? Could a head gasket cause it not to start?
    p.s Its for sale

Default Re: International 3400a backhoe diesel

That is a D179 engine, I can not remember if the 3400A had electric shut off on the pump for sure but we use to see a lot of failures of the shut down solenoid when owners jump started those tractors. There will be an electrical wire to the back side of the pump, between pump & engine block if it does. Pump has to be removed to replace the solenoid.

Tractor
    1970 3400 A International loader/backhoe

Default Re: International 3400a backhoe diesel

We have one, sounds like blown head gasket. We are looking for one to use as parts, the parts are hard to come by.