JD 4110 engine stopped

/ JD 4110 engine stopped #1  

Paul in Alabama

Hello,
I hope I can get some assistance with my JD 4110. This is a 3 year old machine with 100 hrs. During operations the engine shut down. I suspect an electrical component however I don稚 have access to an electrical schematic. After the engine stopped I attempted a re-start. With the key in the start position the starter won稚 engage (no power to solenoid). I have electrical power to the instrument panel and all lights work. Positive and negative battery and frame connections are good. Under the hood on the right-hand upper rear sided of engine compartment there is a black relay that clicks when the ignition switch is engaged. All four fuses are good. I would appreciate any input on what components and their locations that may be restricting current flow to my starter solenoid.

/ JD 4110 engine stopped #2  
Safety seat switch... Maybe a bad battery (They can read good but not be good). I think it is your seat switch...

/ JD 4110 engine stopped #3  
pto switch.. or other safety switches like neutral -safe.. should be checked.. and as the other poster said.. check volts on the battery while trying to start..

soundguy

/ JD 4110 engine stopped #4  
upper rear sided of engine compartment there is a black relay that clicks when the ignition switch is engaged.

That should be the fuel valve solenoid opening.

Safety switches?? :D

/ JD 4110 engine stopped #5  
Things to check...

-Verify battery voltage while trying to start it.

There are 3 safety's:
-Seat switch (try pulling the switch UP when the seat is lifted, this positoin is for of-seat rear PTO operation)
-PTO switch
-Neutral switch (jiggle the lever while attempting to start)