Sickle Bar Sections

/ Sickle Bar Sections #1  

sunnyside360

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 3720, JD 4320, JD 835R, Kubota M4D-071, Kubota ZD1511
I've got a 2 yr old Tonnutti Sickle Bar Mower model FB 205 and need some new sections to repair the cutter bar. Dealer who carries them is about 50 miles away and doesn't have any in stock but will order for $4.00 per section. Ouch!! The bar has about 30 sections. Tractor Supply handles some at around $1.00 per section but none to fit this mower. Haven't had any luck finding them on the internet.
Does anyone know where these bar sections can be purchased? Thanks in advance.

/ Sickle Bar Sections #2  
You may try these fellows, I've had good luck with their merchandise in my old IH 990 Mower/Conditioner. Sickle Service - Home Page

I didn't see any sections for the Tonutti mowers. Just some rake teeth. But..., one thing unique about these guys, the aftermarket parts they sell are made on site, according to their company info.

And, while doing a Google search, I found numerous guys looking for sections like you. Many right here on TBN.

It may be possible that if there is that much of a demand for them, and no one is selling parts for these mowers, other than the one's at 4 bucks a crack, it may be worth their while to stamp out a few..!!

What the heck..., contact them, and see what they say... With the economy the way it is, they may jump on it...

/ Sickle Bar Sections #3  
I've got a 2 yr old Tonnutti Sickle Bar Mower model FB 205 and need some new sections to repair the cutter bar. Dealer who carries them is about 50 miles away and doesn't have any in stock but will order for $4.00 per section. Ouch!! The bar has about 30 sections. Tractor Supply handles some at around $1.00 per section but none to fit this mower. Haven't had any luck finding them on the internet.
Does anyone know where these bar sections can be purchased? Thanks in advance.

If it's a 7-ft mower, it has 28 sections assuming that your FB205 uses standard 3" sections.
What's the fit problem? Holes in the sections don't line up with the knife bar? Interference between the sections and the guards?

I replaced the sections and guards on my 7-ft MF41 sicklebar a few months ago. Used bolts and nuts instead of rivets to attach the sections. So far no problems. Fortunately, I was able to find Herschel-Adams sections at TSC that fit OK.

/ Sickle Bar Sections #4  
Being they are made in Italy, I'm thinking metric spacing.. And going to the Tonutti site, and looking up the mower parts pages, some of the sections near the head have 3 holes...

/ Sickle Bar Sections
..............What's the fit problem? Holes in the sections don't line up with the knife bar? Interference between the sections and the guards?

Tonutti sickle bar and parts are all metric. Section width is close but hole size and spacing for various Herschel-Adams sections are different -- at least those they had in stock at local TSC. In addition, the Tonutti sections are about 3/4" to 1" longer.

/ Sickle Bar Sections
....... It may be possible that if there is that much of a demand for them, and no one is selling parts for these mowers, other than the one's at 4 bucks a crack, it may be worth their while to stamp out a few..!!

What the heck..., contact them, and see what they say... With the economy the way it is, they may jump on it...

Good idea. I'll email or give them a call.

/ Sickle Bar Sections #7  
G'day try either the sparex or bare co sites on the web both have a good assortment of sections with measurements and pics sprex might be the one to try first as they are based in europe. Good luck :)

Jon

/ Sickle Bar Sections
G'day try either the sparex or bare co sites on the web both have a good assortment of sections with measurements and pics sprex might be the one to try first as they are based in europe. Good luck :)
Jon

I'll give those a try. The old sections have "Gaspardo" stamped on them. Thanks a bunch.

/ Sickle Bar Sections #9  
might try mid-continent manufacturing (sicklesections.com). They can supply more than just what's on their website.

- Jay

/ Sickle Bar Sections
might try mid-continent manufacturing (sicklesections.com). They can supply more than just what's on their website.

- Jay

Jay, thanks for the info. I emailed them -- waiting for response.