Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tractor
    New holland TC29-9x3 Woods 1012 FEL, Woods, 7500 Backhoe / Kubota L345DT 4WD, Kub FEL, Kub Backhoe

Default Re: $250 repair from junk wedged under tractor

I've seen lots of right away mowing companies eqip their tractors with very heavy skid plates. It provides a lot of extra weight down low, as well as protection.

Tractor
    NH TC30 Hydro

I got to use my new TC30 for about 2 hours . I was shoving in brush piles and backed over something. It wedged against the oil fliter and busted the housing it screws onto. I have a rough cut mower for my quad ( four wheeler) and i run over all kinds of little trees but the honda is well protected.
    I see an after market oppertunity for someone, there are quite few companies that make skids for the ATV's.

Tractor
    NH TC45

just fyi --- everytime I've had something pop up and poke at my tractor trying to break something - like power steering or radiator hoses in my case - I was backing up. Also had one get above my skid plate from the rear and travel all the way forward, jam into my clutch linkage and I was stuck... It disengaged the clutch and until I crawled under and cut it out - I couldn't move.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12