Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740 cab + FEL, Kubota KX121 excavtor

Default $250 repair from junk wedged under tractor

I took my B2910 in to the dealer because of what sounded to me like a bearing failure (intermittent squealing sound). It turned out that debris had jammed into the plastic front drive shaft cover and that's what was causing the noise. The $30 cover cost $220 in labor to replace. Ouch.

So, think twice before plowing down saplings with that brush hog that supposedly can handle 1" to 2" trees. That's the mistake I made. Or at least don't back up once you are on top of them - I suspect that's the real culprit.

Tractor
    NH TC45

Default Re: $250 repair from junk wedged under tractor

exactly why I put a skid plate under my tc45 --- after breaking the power steering lines and radiator drain hose with limbs pokin' at 'em.
    mike

Tractor
    Kubota L5740 cab + FEL, Kubota KX121 excavtor

I'm liking that idea more and more. Others have done it too, and I wonder why the manufacturers don't do it as a standard practice.

There's a lot to be said for backing over small trees!

Tractor
    kioti LK3054

yes get a skid plate, but also yes back that hog over the small trees, then mow them regular on a lower setting next time.

Do you have a design for a skid plate to fit the kubota hst 3600 with fel? Last week a limb the size of my thumb came up under the oil filter and broke it off then pulled the lower water hose off the radiator. Nothing like a black film followed by a green spray to let you know the day is over and a trip to town after a mile walk to the vehicle.
    se'ya ken

Tractor
    NH TC45

great ain't it? been there and know the pain - really brings out your sense of humor - else we wouldn't be doin' this stuff. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img] I don't have a design for your tractor. I didn't have one for mine. I just looked under there and figgered out a way to do it. Other people on this board have done much better than I - they have welding skills. I gotta go buy me some of those![img]/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Good luck (or least better luck) and just crank up your imagination and go for it. I'd post a picture of mine 'cept I don't have a camera. I bolted my skid plate to the frame of my fel by fashioning a hook on one end of the bolt to hook on the frame and running it down through a hole in the plate - used 6.
    mike

Tractor
    New holland TC29-9x3 Woods 1012 FEL, Woods, 7500 Backhoe / Kubota L345DT 4WD, Kub FEL, Kub Backhoe

Mike:

Could you tell me where you are purchasing these new welding skills? I got mine second hand, many years ago. But I am always looking for a good deal on some of those new and improved ones. By the way do they come in the large economy size?

Looked at the plate under a Ford used to brush hog for the power co. and they used 1/2" plate.From the front to the rear kind of like a part of a turtle must weigh a ton looking for a lesser type of protection mostly for the engine area.
    Thanks for the replay se'ya ken

Tractor
    NH TC45

hope to pick them up at the local community college this fall -- I believe size is relative to the user - mine'll have to be the XXXLG[img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast