ford 4000 diesel little smoke

/ ford 4000 diesel little smoke #1  

JRA29

I have a 1972 Ford diesel tractor. I had the heads reworked bout a few months ago, due to a blown head gasket, it seems to be exhausting some white smoke, and has strong fumes. Could this be emiting raw fuel? If so how would i correct this.

/ ford 4000 diesel little smoke #2  
white smoke maybe water vapor. check your radiator water for color. how about engine temp?

/ ford 4000 diesel little smoke #3  
G'day white smoke is unburnt fuel usually caused by bad injector/s or low compression:(. Compression test and while the injectors are out get your local repair shop to check them out. Has this just happened since the head gasket was replaced if so talk to the bloke that did the job it is possible to damage the tips of the injectors if they are left in the head and the head is sat face down on a hard surface. Good luck

/ ford 4000 diesel little smoke #4  
If the "reworked" head means the valves and seats were ground, you probably have low compression due to valve recession. Renewing the valves and seats on a diesel engine can result in increasing the volume of the compression chamber sufficiently to markedly lower the compression ratio which effects performance.

/ ford 4000 diesel little smoke #5  
If the "reworked" head means the valves and seats were ground, you probably have low compression due to valve recession. Renewing the valves and seats on a diesel engine can result in increasing the volume of the compression chamber sufficiently to markedly lower the compression ratio which effects performance.

So, what do you do about it if this happens?

/ ford 4000 diesel little smoke
white smoke maybe water vapor. check your radiator water for color. how about engine temp?

"i have noticed the water level low, would this be do to a faulty head gasket

/ ford 4000 diesel little smoke
G'day white smoke is unburnt fuel usually caused by bad injector/s or low compression:(. Compression test and while the injectors are out get your local repair shop to check them out. Has this just happened since the head gasket was replaced if so talk to the bloke that did the job it is possible to damage the tips of the injectors if they are left in the head and the head is sat face down on a hard surface. Good luck

I had the injectors reworked also. but compression will be something to look into Thanks for the help!