bobcat 863 f series fuel tank

/ bobcat 863 f series fuel tank #1  

rickey

Tractor
bob cat skidsteer863 f series
Can anyone tell me how to get to the fuel iline so i can remove the gromet and strainer from the bottom of the fuel tank. I found an access panel to get to the drain plug buy I cannot get to the place I need to remove the gromet and strainer to clean. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:confused::confused:

/ bobcat 863 f series fuel tank #2  
i think your gonna have to take the engine and pumps out, then remove the fuel tank. i work at a bobcat dealer, aand sometimes the suck tube in the tank either falls off, or gets clogged, and the tank has to come out to repair it. we have a kid at work who seems to do this about once/week.

/ bobcat 863 f series fuel tank #3  
i think your gonna have to take the engine and pumps out, then remove the fuel tank. i work at a bobcat dealer, aand sometimes the suck tube in the tank either falls off, or gets clogged, and the tank has to come out to repair it. we have a kid at work who seems to do this about once/week.

the drain is so you can drain collected water out of the bottom of the tank.

/ bobcat 863 f series fuel tank
Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that I might have to do that I was praying there was a different solution.
Thanks again

/ bobcat 863 f series fuel tank #5  
Can anyone tell me how to get to the fuel iline so i can remove the gromet and strainer from the bottom of the fuel tank. I found an access panel to get to the drain plug buy I cannot get to the place I need to remove the gromet and strainer to clean. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:confused::confused:

You can remove the right rear tire. Remove the panel and you can access the tube. You can't see it, but you can feel it. Make sure you remove the line with the grommet. It's about the size of a nickel. Take the tube out and replace with a new piece of tubing. I replaced mine and left the check valve off and put a small piece of brass pipe up in the end of the hose for weight to hold the line down to the bottom. I then put an in-line fuel filter with a check valve (can be purchased at any auto store, cost about $ 5.00) just before the pump ball. This way if you have the problem again just change the filter at the pump ball. If you have a dirty tank, you will never be able to keep the little filter in the tank from clogging. And you can blow through the line back into the tank if it gets obstructed. I also have not had any starting problems. Maybe I should try to sell this idea to those idiot engineers at Bobcat.Ha!Ha! Good Luck, Digger 1089

/ bobcat 863 f series fuel tank #6  
You can remove the right rear tire. Remove the panel and you can access the tube. You can't see it, but you can feel it. Make sure you remove the line with the grommet. It's about the size of a nickel. Take the tube out and replace with a new piece of tubing. I replaced mine and left the check valve off and put a small piece of brass pipe up in the end of the hose for weight to hold the line down to the bottom. I then put an in-line fuel filter with a check valve (can be purchased at any auto store, cost about $ 5.00) just before the pump ball. This way if you have the problem again just change the filter at the pump ball. If you have a dirty tank, you will never be able to keep the little filter in the tank from clogging. And you can blow through the line back into the tank if it gets obstructed. I also have not had any starting problems.

/ bobcat 863 f series fuel tank #7  

Rickey, The grommet is about the size of a nickel, not the line. the line is 3/8.

/ bobcat 863 f series fuel tank #8  
Hello Digger! Thanks for the on=line guidance. I have a very similr problem. I was told by service that there was a drain plug at the bottom of the machine under the cover strap plate. I romoved that and found what I believe you are calling a rubber grommet with a steel round core. Can that be removed for draining or not? I will try your advice on accessing from the right rear wheel area. I do believe my tank has a lot of residual gunk in it and needs drained and flushed if possible. Thanks, Macabee