Kubota L260 glow plug leak?

/ Kubota L260 glow plug leak? #1  

8NLUGNUT

Silver Member
Tractor
Several Fords, four Japanese tractors
We were having trouble starting the Kubota yesterday so while we were cranking it I notice there was air and fuel bubbling out around the front glow plug.

I tightened it and the thing started right up.

We overheated the tractor this weekend and I'm wondering if we damaged the head or did the glow plug just vibrate out from time and usage.

I didn't see anything to indicate we damaged the head and the thing ran fine for 1.5 hours yesterday.

Is there some kind of sealer I need to use on the glow plug?

/ Kubota L260 glow plug leak? #2  
Most people would use a torque wrench to tighten glow plugs/spark plugs etc...although I have both a 1/2 and 3/8 drive click type torque wrench...I prefer to just snug tighten plugs/bolts just to make sure I don't over do it and strip the threads...more with alumium heads etc...I know some one will disaprove with my method...but I'm talkin' about exsperience of misreadin' or maybe the chart for the proper torque was in inch pounds and it gave me foot pounds.... regardless I broke a bolt in an aluminum manifold on an V-6 Aerostar a few years ago...and had a heck of a time removin' it due to it breakin' flush to the cast iron block and not only did I break the bolt but also the drill bit and with the engine bein' apart I did not see where the broken bit went to and it worried me that maybe it lodged in a oil hole or where ever...from then on I use the short double sided drill bits....Ampa :)

/ Kubota L260 glow plug leak?
Most people would use a torque wrench to tighten glow plugs/spark plugs etc...although I have both a 1/2 and 3/8 drive click type torque wrench...I prefer to just snug tighten plugs/bolts just to make sure I don't over do it and strip the threads...more with alumium heads etc...I know some one will disaprove with my method...but I'm talkin' about exsperience of misreadin' or maybe the chart for the proper torque was in inch pounds and it gave me foot pounds.... regardless I broke a bolt in an aluminum manifold on an V-6 Aerostar a few years ago...and had a heck of a time removin' it due to it breakin' flush to the cast iron block and not only did I break the bolt but also the drill bit and with the engine bein' apart I did not see where the broken bit went to and it worried me that maybe it lodged in a oil hole or where ever...from then on I use the short double sided drill bits....Ampa :)

Man I'd hate to bust the glow plug off in the head! I used a crescent wrench because it was handy.

Last year I removed the glow plug, maybe I didn't torgue it properly. There's only two. How could I miss?:eek:

I'll have check with Kubota about reseating them properly.