Default John Deere 755 Hydraulic problems

I have a 1987 JD 755 4x4 Hydrostatic with FEL. The FEL slowly stopped lifting as did the three point lower links and the power steering failed at the same time. Does anyone know what this could be?

Gold Member

Default Re: John Deere 755 Hydraulic problems

Looks like your hydraulic pump went bad. You should get a guage and check the output pressure.

Tractor
    John Deere 770, Bobcat 753

I think your 755 is similar to my 770 in that it has both a power steering and an implement hydraulic pump. So the chances of both failing simutaneously is slim. And with any mechanically problem, look at the simple and cheap options first. My guess is that the pumps, which I think use a common suction, are restricted due to a blockage on the suction side. Not sure about the 755, but the 770 and 790 have a suction screen (often found clogged with "stuff") as well as a spin on filter. To access the screen, you must drain the transmission/rear axle/common sump.

I'm pretty sure that if you drain the fluid, clean the screen, replace the spin on filter and replace the fluid with new clean tractor fluid (the JD stuff is good and fairly reasonable) you will find that the machine is back to normal. If the HST has a filter or screen, it should also be cleaned or replaced.
    I've had a wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. ~ Groucho Marx

Tractor
    Deere 755

I'm quite confident just one hydraulic pump on the 755, but that doesn't necessarily mean the pump went south. Attached is list of "things to check" on this model tractor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails John Deere 755 Hydraulic problems-755nohydraulics.jpg  
    Jerry

JD 755 w/70 loader, 60" MMM, DR 3pt chipper, Woods RB60 blade, 48" KKII tiller, 8 hp tow behind Giant Vac
    Gator HPX 4x4 Gas,Cat 303c CR mini-ex

Tractor
    jd755

does anybody know if the jJD755 has a screen in the hydraulics and if so where it is

DFB
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4100 HST /410 FEL, R4s

John Deere - Parts Catalog
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails John Deere 755 Hydraulic problems-mp4716_________un01jan94.gif