Ford 3000 got water in the intake

/ Ford 3000 got water in the intake #1  

oleMo

Tractor
Ford 3000
some one apparently poured water down the air intake and the old gal didn't like that and just want crank now. Any and all advice is appreciated on what I can do now to get her back going. One suggestion has been use WD40, but I'm not sure that will make it fire to blow the water out. :confused:

/ Ford 3000 got water in the intake #2  
If it's a gas tractor, pull the plugs before cranking it. Water doesn't compress very much. With the plugs out, cranking it a bit should blow the water out. Then reinstall the plugs and fire it up. Run it to heat it up and you should be good to go.

/ Ford 3000 got water in the intake #3  
Is it seized up from the water? If so pull the plugs if it is gas and dump WD-40 down each cylinder and let it sit for a day. Then try kicking it over with the starter or a long breaker bar and socket on the crank pulley. If it is diesel pull the injectors and repeat the gas engine procedure.. Otherwise you might have to pull the head and tap on each cylinder with a wooden dowel.

/ Ford 3000 got water in the intake #4  
I doubt someone poured water down the intake, it was probably rain water that made its way in. Like the others said you need to pull the injectors or plugs and get the water out.

Chris