JD 6200 Tractor electrical problem, dash not working

/ JD 6200 Tractor electrical problem, dash not working #1  

Pete2013

Tractor
Deere 6200 tractor, JCB 3CX Backhoe loader
Hi, i have a JD 6000 series 6200 4 cyl Tractor '96 model with electrical problems.

Problem is when i start it, the dash doesnt work, it has the digital display, plus the tach, temp and fuel gauges dont work, and when its running, the warning lights keep flashing like they do when the ignition is on and the tractor isnt running.

Its like the tractor doesnt know its running, and because of this, the shuttle wont engage, so the tractor wont drive.

Hitch and PTO also dont work. The tractor starts and runs fine, something electrical is messed up. Have checked all fuses with multimeter and checked/swapped relays and they all seem ok.

Any help greatly appreciated.

/ JD 6200 Tractor electrical problem, dash not working
Found the problem, so i figured id post it incase anyone does a search for the same problem.

There was a problem with the ELX circuit feed into the ELX relay. The ELX relay is shown on the fuse box cover, check the feed wires for any cuts or open circuit.

All the functions that werent working go through fuse k101 and the elx relay, so if you havent got 12-14V there going in and out with the engine running, check the wiring and the alternator 12V input wire (the thinner one) .