Ford 1100 water pump?

/ Ford 1100 water pump? #1  

Gronk

Tractor
Too small to mention here
I have a 1980 Ford 1100 with 467 hours on it and it is in need of a water pump.

Dealer has quoted me $330 CDN. (including taxes) (part # SBA145016201)

Is this a reasonable amount for this part? The parts gentleman told me that it comes complete with the pulley/spacer and a 4 blade fan. My initial impression is that it is a little pricey but I do realize it's for a 30 year old tractor and not a chevy small-block. I figured I should ask here before I buy.

Also, if anybody has another source for this part please share.

Thank you.

Sean :cool:

/ Ford 1100 water pump? #2  
I had to get a water pump for my tractor and it was very expensive so I got the after market version for less than half the price. They said the only difference was the warrantee. Well I'm well past the warrantee period with no problems. If you can find an after market part I suggest buying it. Otherwise the price sounds in line.

/ Ford 1100 water pump? #3  
The New Holland web site shows the seal, impellor, and bearing available separately, they give parts numbers for all of them... Maybe you can just rebuild the one you've got?

/ Ford 1100 water pump?
Rebuild huh? Errrrr, yeah, well...

100_1472Large.jpg

It was the original pump and was seized in by 30 years of corrosion. The shaft broke and I was able to get the pulley off with the forward part of the shaft. The actual housing needed more persuasion but it finally came out. Judging from the condition of the impeller, I suspect the bearing went (the cage was in pieces and the balls were loose inside) and the impeller caught an edge of the outlet port. With the belt still trying to turn it, the shaft snapped at the seal. There is nothing salvageable from this unit except the fan itself. :rolleyes:

If the original pump lasted 30 years, I might as well put another one in there and not worry about it until I'm 70. :D

Thanks guys.

Sean :cool:

/ Ford 1100 water pump? #5  
There is a new one on ebay for $185. There is also a bunch of other 1100 used parts if there is anything else you need. Just do a search for ford 1100.
Bill

/ Ford 1100 water pump? #6  
Aw man, a little JB Weld coulda fixed 'er right up :)

Well I guess a replacement pump is indeed necessary! Hope you get it fixed!