Kubota HST Error Message

/ Kubota HST Error Message #1  

flynlo21

Tractor
2004 Kubota L5030 HST
Guys, you saved me before. Let's go for two! Driving my 2004 Kubota L5030 HST today. Dropped off a small bank driving forward and tractor died and stopped. Fuel is full, Oil is full with 11 hours. Hydraulic fluid/new filters/ full with 7 hours.
Attempted to restart tractor, power came on, glo plug light came on as normal and clicked off as if ready to start. Turned key, HST message came up on information center. Repeated several times, same result. Also, there's a little tractor symbol in the bottom left corner of my instrument panel that looks like it has a circular symbol under it.
My manual doesn't identify this or have any troubleshooting suggestions for this, just GST???
Rocked tractor, depressed clutch, changed gears, pulled tractor several feet, stomped feet, clinched fists. Same result. Any suggestions before I haul the tractor off to Megabucks repair shop? HELP!!

/ Kubota HST Error Message #2  
G'day not familiar with your model but i would be looking for a wiring plug pulled apart or wiring damaged underneath also check battery connections bad earths can give all sorts of grief. If it does not want to reset itself disconnecting the battery for 30 + secs can reset the computer tyr this after checking the connections/wiring it may just get you mobile again. Good luck :)

Jon

/ Kubota HST Error Message #3  
Do you have the shop service manual that will tell you the codes are? Or have you got just the owners manuel? I have a shop service manuel and I will get my shoes on and go have a look see and get back to you.

/ Kubota HST Error Message #4  
Guys, you saved me before. Let's go for two! Driving my 2004 Kubota L5030 HST today. Dropped off a small bank driving forward and tractor died and stopped. Fuel is full, Oil is full with 11 hours. Hydraulic fluid/new filters/ full with 7 hours.
Attempted to restart tractor, power came on, glo plug light came on as normal and clicked off as if ready to start. Turned key, HST message came up on information center. Repeated several times, same result. Also, there's a little tractor symbol in the bottom left corner of my instrument panel that looks like it has a circular symbol under it.
My manual doesn't identify this or have any troubleshooting suggestions for this, just GST???
Rocked tractor, depressed clutch, changed gears, pulled tractor several feet, stomped feet, clinched fists. Same result. Any suggestions before I haul the tractor off to Megabucks repair shop? HELP!!

According to my manuel that symbol is for the mid PTO. Did it bounce into engage? Sorry that I took so long but after I got my shoes on I had to let the cat out, put wood in the outside boiler, go to town to get tractor parts, clear brush from my hunting stand and I just plain forgot.

/ Kubota HST Error Message
Hi Banjo and Deerlope, Thank you for the recommendations.
I don't have a mid-PTO to my knowledge, but perhaps the circuitry is there just the same.
I just have the owners manual, which under trouble shooting should really just read "BRING TRACTOR TO SHOP"
I'm heading out to check the wiring, reset, and anything underneath that might have gotten bumped by the brush I was driving over.
I'll let you know what I find and pray that no trip to the shop is necessary!

Deer, don't forget to let the cat back in...

Really appreciate your help.

Larry

/ Kubota HST Error Message #6  
Don't ask me why,but my gut feeling saying check saftey seat switch.

Hi Thomas,
The seat switch was the first thing I checked after my last adventure. Amazing what all that is connected to. Unfortunately not the fix this time.
Ended up hauling to shop after they told me that even though I don't have a mid-pto that all of my model are wired for them and it's "not unusual" for those harnesses to wear/fray and short out. NICE... Once that happens, tractor is going nowhere because it thinks you are trying to start it with the pto engaged.
I'll update on what actual fix is once I get her back.
Thanks guys, I truly appreciate your help.

Larry

It's Fixed but DANG!! http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gifand guess what, Thomas was right in a round-about sort of way...
Last year when the K was acting up, I disconnected my seat switch and voila', problem was fixed. I just wired around the switch and all was good.
I kept telling myself I'd replace it with a new one, but one thing lead to another and so on...
Wish I would have fixed it.:(
Apparently I crossed wires on the switch when I wired it back up, which eventually shorted the relay, which eventually blew the intellipanels brains out, thus my most recent stoppage.
Now, wiser and much poorer, the Mighty Kubota once again reigns supreme.
Dang seat switch...