Honda on a Karcher Pressure Washer

/ Honda on a Karcher Pressure Washer #1  

NIdaho

Bronze Member
Well it was a sunday afternoon and I was trying to finish up a bunch of Fall chores. I had the pressure washer out and was cleaning the mowers and figured I would clean the patio and sidewalk while I was at it. I was almost done and the Honda motor on the pressure washer coughed as it ran out of fuel. I figured no problem and grabbed my 2 gallon can that I had just filled up earlier in the week an re-fueled it. after a coupled of pulls it started up but when I tried to turn the choke off, it died. I ran it for a couple of minutes with the choke on but it wouldn't rev up all the way and then it died. If I let it set for a minute it will start on the first pull but it dies after about 5 seconds.

I pulled the bowl off the carb but it was sparkling clean inside. While I had it off I pulled the starter rope gently to see if it the fuel pump was pumping and I got plenty of fuel coming into the bowl. Anyway it was getting dark and the wife said that dinner was almost ready. I had to leave on a business trip early this morning and so I will have to tear into it next weekend when I get back. This is the first time the honda on it has even sputtered, and now it won't run. I am guessing that it sucked something up and now something is partially plugged.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I have worked on lots of Brigg&Stratton, Tecumseh and other small engines but never on a Honda.

/ Honda on a Karcher Pressure Washer #2  
I am guessing that it sucked something up and now something is partially plugged.

I'd guess that your guess is correct! :) Is there a way to clean the carb needle valves?

/ Honda on a Karcher Pressure Washer #3  
Just went thru the same problem yesterday on my Honda Harmony trim mower. It would barley run with the choke on and die as soon as it was put in the run position. I removed the carb (what a PITA) and took off the float bowl. Everthing was clean but when I pulled out the main jet and held it up to the light, found the problem. Poked a fine peice of wire thru it and sprayed it all out with carb cleaner. Put it back together and she fired right up.

/ Honda on a Karcher Pressure Washer #4  
I had same problem on my pressure washer and all I did was change the spark plug??? Honda's are very prone to having fouled plugs. But you could have sucked up some water or dirt in the carb also.

/ Honda on a Karcher Pressure Washer #5  
I had same problem on my pressure washer and all I did was change the spark plug??? Honda's are very prone to having fouled plugs. But you could have sucked up some water or dirt in the carb also.

Hit it with a small shot of starting fluid. If it runs, it's a fuel problem. If not, check the plug for spark.