Default Ford 1700 4x4 Diesel

This is a 2 Cyl and will not turn over?
    Thanks Ernie

Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

Default Re: Ford 1700 4x4 Diesel

can you elaborate some?
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

Lots of things can stop it from turing over. What have you done so far to diagnose the problem? Have you checked the battery? Seat switches? Tested the starter? Do you know if the motor is locked up?

The more info you give the better the people here can help you figure out whats wrong.

Tractor

ken,

The only safety 1700 has,is a Neutral safety switch (clutch pedal activated). I start the investigation from battery to starter and then to fuel system. I take the dip stick out for oil or lack there off and also check for antifreeze in the radiator.

JC,
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

Quote Originally Posted by ew6071 View Post
    This is a 2 Cyl and will not turn over?
    Thanks Ernie
    Hello to all, I am looking to buy this tractor. The guy that is selling it say's that he bought it from a guy sight on seen,and that it had run out of fuel. He got it home and bled it and hit the key and it just went clunk. I have not seen it yet I was just trying to get some ideas of what it could be, if it is something common with these 2 cyl or what else it could be.
    Thanks Ernie

Tractor
    1993 NH 2120 (the best), 1974 MF 135 (sold, but solid), 1947 Farmall A (bought, sold, bought back, sold again), 1956 MH50 lbt (sold, in 1980, darn it)

Dead battery, poor battery cables or connections, fried starter or solenoid, motor froze up, broken crankshaft. Lots of possibilities people would like to help you with but need more info.
    Jim
    "Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly" Mae West

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by ew6071 View Post
    Hello to all, I am looking to buy this tractor. The guy that is selling it say's that he bought it from a guy sight on seen,and that it had run out of fuel. He got it home and bled it and hit the key and it just went clunk. I have not seen it yet I was just trying to get some ideas of what it could be, if it is something common with these 2 cyl or what else it could be.
    Thanks Ernie
    Ernie,

Information is tricking down pretty slowly. Do you know the difference between gas and diesel engine and basic start up for each?

JC,
    Ford 1700, 2wd.