Ford 1700 4x4 Diesel

/ Ford 1700 4x4 Diesel #1  

ew6071

This is a 2 Cyl and will not turn over?
Thanks Ernie

/ Ford 1700 4x4 Diesel #2  
can you elaborate some?

/ Ford 1700 4x4 Diesel #3  
Lots of things can stop it from turing over. What have you done so far to diagnose the problem? Have you checked the battery? Seat switches? Tested the starter? Do you know if the motor is locked up?

The more info you give the better the people here can help you figure out whats wrong.

/ Ford 1700 4x4 Diesel #4  
ken,

The only safety 1700 has,is a Neutral safety switch (clutch pedal activated). I start the investigation from battery to starter and then to fuel system. I take the dip stick out for oil or lack there off and also check for antifreeze in the radiator.

JC,

/ Ford 1700 4x4 Diesel
This is a 2 Cyl and will not turn over?
Thanks Ernie

Hello to all, I am looking to buy this tractor. The guy that is selling it say's that he bought it from a guy sight on seen,and that it had run out of fuel. He got it home and bled it and hit the key and it just went clunk. I have not seen it yet I was just trying to get some ideas of what it could be, if it is something common with these 2 cyl or what else it could be.
Thanks Ernie

/ Ford 1700 4x4 Diesel #6  
Dead battery, poor battery cables or connections, fried starter or solenoid, motor froze up, broken crankshaft. Lots of possibilities people would like to help you with but need more info.
Jim

/ Ford 1700 4x4 Diesel #7  
Hello to all, I am looking to buy this tractor. The guy that is selling it say's that he bought it from a guy sight on seen,and that it had run out of fuel. He got it home and bled it and hit the key and it just went clunk. I have not seen it yet I was just trying to get some ideas of what it could be, if it is something common with these 2 cyl or what else it could be.
Thanks Ernie

Ernie,

Information is tricking down pretty slowly. Do you know the difference between gas and diesel engine and basic start up for each?

JC,