My Kioti won't Crank!

/ My Kioti won't Crank! #1  

Jim25350

Hi Everyone,

My 2007 Kioti CK25 HST is having a hard time cranking over and would appreciate any suggestions. This just started happening a few weeks ago out of the blue:

I let the glow plug warm up, turn the key to crank the starter, the starter engages completely (no clicking or grinding) but the engine won't turn over. If I continue to do this (10-15 times) the engine seems to turn just enough to get out of the piston power stroke and then the engine spins just enough to start.

So far I have done the following:
- Cleaned the battery posts and ground connection to the frame.
- Installed a new battery (and charged it completely).
- Replaced the starter (under warranty).
- Checked the clutch adjustment (just in case it's not disengaging completely).

I haven't done anything to it other than the 50Hr service . Would the 10-40W oil have anything to do with it (don't know what was installed from the factory)? I live in the Mobile, AL area so no cold weather to speak of.

Still under warranty but hate to leave it at the dealer for another week (been busy lately).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

/ My Kioti won't Crank! #2  
Check the starter relay and the connections at the starter. It certainly sounds like an electrical problem, not the oil you have used.

/ My Kioti won't Crank!
Thanks for the reply MichiganIron. Starter connections were checked when i replaced it....now the relay is a good one. I figured since the starter was energized when I turned the key, it was OK. I'll doublecheck the connections to the relay. Anything else to check for on the relay?

/ My Kioti won't Crank! #4  
Starters can still be bad. You don't have any attachments on it do you like MMM? Is there a hydraulic valve engaged? Anything jammed up in the fan belts? Was the right battery installed in the first place?

/ My Kioti won't Crank! #5  
First concider buying a small digital volt meter. Then rear voltage at stater and battery while trying to crank engine to find problem.

/ My Kioti won't Crank!
I swapped out the relays on the firewall (starter & glow plug relays) and seems to be cranking fine (for now).

Thanks for the ideas guys. Will keep ya posted if it acts up again.