Ford 101 plow - need manuals & advice

/ Ford 101 plow - need manuals & advice #1  

resistancepatriot

Hello everyone: I just purchased a used Ford 101 2 bottom plow. Replace the points on it successfully but I have 3 questions.
#1: Does anyone have the original manual for this plow?
#2: When using the plow yesterday, it tripped for the first time and will NOT go back into the normal "untripped" position. I tried backing the tractor once the plow tripped with no luck. I even tried to back it against something stationary with no luck as well. Any thoughts?
#3: When looking at the back of the tractor, the right plow does not engage the ground. I've tried various things to change this with no luck. Need help Please..............

/ Ford 101 plow - need manuals & advice #2  
   / Ford 101 plow - need manuals & advice
Thanks for the reply. I did some research and actually found a site with many manuals available for printing. Here's the URL:
Index of Manuals

Any ideas on the other questions that I had?

Regards,
RP

/ Ford 101 plow - need manuals & advice #4  
1. Good find on the Index of Manuals. You will find your answers in the manuals found there. Anyway:
2. Probably shear bolt trip. The plow may be at least a bit rusty and tight and therefor won't reset. PB Blaster and loosen some bolts to get reset and install new shear bolt(s).
3. How did you set up the plow & tractor. Rough starting adjustments are achieved by hitching the plow to the tractor, setting the left side wheels on blocks equal in height to the depth you wish to plow, then level the plow fore/aft & laterally so it justs contacts the floor. Then go to the field and follow the instructions in the manual.

/ Ford 101 plow - need manuals & advice #5  
when my plow shear bolt breaks and the plow tips up and I can't get it back into position i wrap a chain around it and wrap the other end of the chain around something very stationary (tree) and pull with the tractor.

/ Ford 101 plow - need manuals & advice
Hi Everyone, thanks for the replies. My 101 is a spring tension model and from what I'm reading does not have the shear bolts (or am I mis-reading?). There is an option of increasing the amount of resistance required to trip the spring and I will attempt to try that.
Has anyone attempt to take apart the part of the plow that houses the shear bolt or spring trip to clean/oil-grease it and put it back together? My experiences in the past has been mixed where it is an easy task to complete and other times it was a nightmare. With something this old, I'm almost hesitant to attempt it. Thoughts?

/ Ford 101 plow - need manuals & advice #7  
I see that you have the shop manual. Other than just Ford Tractor parts, New Holland now offers free parts manuals online. Check out newholland.com and click on "Parts and Manuals"