Hour meter adjustment

/ Hour meter adjustment #1  

westbrooklawn

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota L3400HST
I somehow left the ignition switch on my Kubota RTV900 in the on position... 51 hours later the battery went dead.... I know it was 51 hours because that is how many hours my hour meter racked up! I would have thought the motor would have to be running to record hours, but apparently if the the switch is in the on postion the meter runs. My question is how do I get the meter adjusted to reflect the true running hours... it reads 121 now, but I know it should only be 70.

Is there anyway to put DC on the meter to run it backwards (reversing the + and - leads)? I could always disconnect the meter for a period of time, but 51 actual run hours would be several months of use. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
   / Hour meter adjustment #2  
I think you stuck with it like that...just record the hours in you service record as a oops.

/ Hour meter adjustment #3  
Or, swap the hour meter out, run up to 51 hours on the new one, and then switch back to the one with the "extra" hours on it...

/ Hour meter adjustment
rus geek... that may be the answer... but a rather expensive solution.

/ Hour meter adjustment #5  
I did the same thing the other day but it was for only about 10 minutes.
Now I take the key out and put in on the seat or in the cup holder, second key in the garage just in case I loose it.

How about this:
Tachometer and Hour Meter Combination

Use it until you are caught up, You can put on something else afterward.

/ Hour meter adjustment #6  
I did the same thing the other day but it was for only about 10 minutes.
Now I take the key out and put in on the seat or in the cup holder, second key in the garage just in case I loose it.

How about this:
Tachometer and Hour Meter Combination

Use it until you are caught up, You can put on something else afterward.

Won't work on a diesel.

/ Hour meter adjustment #7  
How about just disconnecting the hour meter for 51 hours?