Tractor leaks diesel fuel when engine turned-off

/ Tractor leaks diesel fuel when engine turned-off #1  

JVPSKI

My compact tractor seems be leaking diesel fuel after I turn off the engine. It does not seem to leak when the tractor is running. I did not see where it maybe leaking. Any ideas or suggestions. Thanks!

/ Tractor leaks diesel fuel when engine turned-off #2  
For starters what kind of tractor is it??

/ Tractor leaks diesel fuel when engine turned-off #3  
leaking where? into the oil ( umbrella seals? ) or leaking downt he side of the engine? ( fuel lines or bleed off lines/ return lines )?

gotta throw us a bone and give us a lil info so we can help you.

soundguy

/ Tractor leaks diesel fuel when engine turned-off
It is a Deutz-Fahr compact tractor and it seems to be leaking by the side panel(left hand side). I could not see exactly where it is leaking as I did not take off the side panel and did not have a flashlight handy.

/ Tractor leaks diesel fuel when engine turned-off #5  
My Deutz has its fuel hoses on what would be your left side. There is a pre-filter with a screw on cap, a filter you should be changing, and then it goes to the pump. Might want to look at the hoses as they are a bit close to the engine, and seem to wear quicker than normal hoses. Oh, and might make some sense they leak when the engine is off because they are sucking and not under pressure until the engine stops...

Ok, thanks. I will take a look at it. It seems the more full the tank the more it loses diesel fuel. So, what you say makes sense as there would be more pressure the fuller the tank...correct?

/ Tractor leaks diesel fuel when engine turned-off #7  
quit guessing and take a look.. might be something real easy like them hoses..

post back if you have questions -AFTER- looking.

soundguy

I looked at it again and it maybe the fuel tank. I filled the tank and it immediately starting leaking very bad but I could not see exactly where. I think I would need to remove several panels. It is not leaking around the fuel lines/pump etc.,

Does any one know if there is a seam on the fuel tank that could have burst or something else? How hard is it to remove a fuel tank, any ideas?

/ Tractor leaks diesel fuel when engine turned-off #9  
It is hard to answer your question with no more information than you have given. Not all tractors and/or fuel tanks are the same. You could have a seam if it is a steel tank. If it is a plastic tank there is probably not a seam. You will have to decide whether or not you want to tackle the problem. Is your tank under the hood or behind the seat? Do you have a cab? What model of Duetz do you have?

I have a Deutz Agrokid 210 and the tank is under the hood right in the area it appears to leak. I spoke to the dealer and he seemed to indicate it is a plastic tank with seams.