Kubota B2150HSD Glow Plug indicator quit working...Tractor won't start.

/ Kubota B2150HSD Glow Plug indicator quit working...Tractor won't start. #1  

kubotabrad

Hello All,

My ignition switch has been giving me problems for a while now, and appears to have stopped working all together. The specific problem is with the "glow plug" position of the switch. For a while, I've had to play with the switch in order to get the glow plug light to come on, and thus start the tractor. Usually I had to turn the key back to the left a little and hold it there long enough for the glow plugs to warm, and then I could start the tractor. Now, I can't get the glow plugs light to come on at all or start the tractor. The tractor does turn over, it just won't start unless the glow plug indicator light comes on. Do I need to replace the switch or is it something else? Please Help!!!

Thanks,
Brad

/ Kubota B2150HSD Glow Plug indicator quit working...Tractor won't start. #2  
My Ford had the same symtoms. Replacing the ignition switch fixed the problem.

/ Kubota B2150HSD Glow Plug indicator quit working...Tractor won't start. #3  
Well Brad...
It sounds like you were hoping the failing switch would start to get better...? Looks like it went the other way and got worse, So now is the time to replace the switch that you know has had some issues, and see if there is anything else not working after that... KennyV.

/ Kubota B2150HSD Glow Plug indicator quit working...Tractor won't start. #4  
recently had a customer call with similar problem after going thru several aftermarket switches he got none that would fit. i ordered him one from a friend who has kubota dealership it was way more than just a switch it also came with a small wiring harness he put in on a problem went away. the switch should cost about $75 to $85 dollars depending on local kubota shop. my friend had to order but local kubota warehouse had it got it overnight.