windshield wiper motor

/ windshield wiper motor #1  

Jerome

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L245dt
I bought a windshield wiper motor fall of 2008 for the rear window of my tractor it was just an off the shelf unit. It has stopped working and need to either repair which I just cant seem to do or replace. I have lost the bookmark toe company here in Canada that I bought it from any ideas of where to get a new motor here in Canada?

/ windshield wiper motor #2  
Searching E-Bay for windshied wiper motor, will give you about 2900 hits! Maybe you can recognise yours, your source, or a replacement! ~Scotty

/ windshield wiper motor #3  
I'd check out Princess Auto, they generally have wiper motors in their surplus section for under $30.

/ windshield wiper motor
I found my original receipt (my wife keeps everything) I bought the original motor from Sims Cab depot the price has increased from 200 to 327 with taxes in just two years OUCH.
I really cant justify that kind of money for something that may only last 2 years again.
Any ideas on how to fix it? I am getting power to the motor it just wont turn I even tried to help it it seems to spin ok.

/ windshield wiper motor #5  
Does your wiper park when you shut it off? could be the park switch or bad brushes ,brushes hung up try putting power to it and tap it firmly with the handle of a hammer see if it starts.

/ windshield wiper motor #6  
JC Whitney has wiper motors.- They have a on and off switch on the motor.- I bought one to replace a wiper motor on my boat.

/ windshield wiper motor #7  
Don't hit it with a hammer!!
Most motors now a days have permanent field magnets and they break easily, rendering the motor useless

/ windshield wiper motor #8  
Don't hit it with a hammer!!
Most motors now a days have permanent field magnets and they break easily, rendering the motor useless

Read the post it said TAP with HANDLE it won't hurt it!

/ windshield wiper motor #9  
Yeah you might just try taking it apart to see if you can clean it up. Pay close attention to how it comes apart. A wiper motor that new shouldn't be broken yet.

/ windshield wiper motor
I ordered one from J C Whitney I got the motor, wiper arm and wiper plus shipping to Canada for only $77 a quarter of what Sims wanted. And they had very good help when I called in.
Thanks for the advice.
I think I will take the other apart to see if I can fix it as a spare.