Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2910

Default Re: Broken top link

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

If the body threads are not damaged... you can buy a "replacement end" at any farm supply store for ~ $5-9.These are fairly inexpensive units... a complete Cat I unit runs about $15.-17...

<hr></blockquote>

Unfortunately, There are no farm supply stores around here. (N. Central NH) I have to go to my dealer and pay very high prices, $25 for my complete Cat I unit. ($125 for a Bota unit) 9 times out of 10, what I want is not in stock and has to be ordered. Then what is ordered is usually the wrong item.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif[/img]If I don't need it NOW, I will order from a catalog or on line. Does anyone know of a farm/tractor supply store on line where I might get a new end for the link? I am going to try cutting the one I have for a spare. I am definitely in the "Waste not, Want not "/ clean plate club[img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]David

Tractor
    kubota L3000DT

You gotta be kidding, $125 for that piece of junk. I had a bend in mine after the first day of normal use.I found a much beefier replacement at a local Masey dealer for about 20 bucks,of course I had to endure the abuse from the smart-[censored] Masey counter guys. They said they use kubota top links for screen door turn buckels

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 HST

I find the jam nut to be useless anyway. I eventually got tired of the top link vibrating loose--I took a hammer and gave the threads a few medium-hard whacks up one side of one end of the link. Just enough to put a very slight flat spot on one side of the threads--it doesn't vibrate loose anymore and I don't have to mess with the jam nut. It takes slightly more force to turn it, but I can still do it by hand.

The one before my current modified version vibrated apart during a long day of mowing fields and I lost the center section.

I must say that when I saw the top link that came with my kubota L4610, I was a little disappointed--not much to it when you compare it with other parts of the 3 pt.

-Chris

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

$ 125 for a top link !!
    Sure hope kubota's parts aren't all priced that ridiculous.

I had put hydraulic Top 'N Tilt on my '99 B2710 and when I sold it, I forgot to give the buyer the OEM top link and non-adjustable side link, so I've still got them (and don't know where the buyer is or whether he'd even want them). I don't know whether they're the same on the B2910 or not, but if anyone wants them, I'd take $25 plus shipping for both pieces.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

<font color=blue> found a much beefier replacement at a local Masey dealer...</font color=blue>

Just remember, when you beef up one area, when stress is applied something else will break. I'd rather have a toplink bend/break than something it's connected to. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    kubota L3000DT

I agree Mike, but remember I replaced a cat.1 with a cat. 1,not a 2 or 3. My point was that I found a replacement that appeared to be better made and stronger at a fraction of the cost of the O.E.M. I hope my kubota is not so weak that the factory has to design top links to act as shear pins

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

<font color=blue>I hope my kubota is not so weak that the factory has to design top links to act as shear pins </font color=blue>

Now that would be a really bad design! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota 3710, 1970 Leland 384

Maybe someone will start selling the top link pins in grade 2 so that they can shear instead of the top link.

Don

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Funny you mention that. A while back, I bent the adjustable lift link on my yanmar, and went down to the NH dealership that I bought my NH 1920 from. I pretty much knew that the adjustable link on a tc18 would fit it. ...They wouldn't sell it to me.... 'sorry.. it's not made for that type of tractor...etc'
    So I went down the road to the massey dealership.. bought something close.. had a friend do a little hand fitting on it with a smoke wrench and it worked great.... Gotta love the dealership that helps you even when you don't have a tractor from them... and makes you wonder about the other dealership where you just bought one.. and the counter clerk gives you interference.

Soundguy

<font color=blue>You gotta be kidding, $125 for that piece of junk. I had a bend in mine after the first day of normal use.I found a much beefier replacement at a local Masey dealer for about 20 bucks,of course I had to endure the abuse from the smart-[censored] Masey counter guys. They said they use kubota top links for screen door turn buckels

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast